Monday, October 02, 2006

It's Official!!

In my world everything becomes official on Mondays...raises, promotions, transfers, etc... Well, today I officially got transferred to one (1) of the training squads in my precinct. This has been a much anticipated move for me...the past 3-4 months have been really hard on me and my body.

As much as I love 3rd shift, I can't remember the last time I didn't feel exhausted..!! My partner has been on light duty since June, & work without her just went downhill from there. No need to dredge up bad feelings about my "old" squad...Because my "new" squad is awesome & everyone, including my new boss, is excited I am now a member of their (training) squad.

I now have weekends off & work 2nd shift...3pm-1am...I am a little nervous to have weekends off though...it's been a very long time since I've had even a quasi-normal schedule...so most of my friends have weekdays off still. I will need to keep myself occupied until I get used to this shift & schedule.

And...since I am not used to being at work while the sun is shining...all I can say for now...I am SO very glad the weather is starting to cool off..!! & I hope I don't forget my sunglasses..!!

No comments: