Thursday, October 12, 2006

My 1st Weekend Off

So....I experienced my first weekend off in nearly 4 years this past Saturday, Sunday & Monday. Well...I should say my first weekend that ended without filling out a slip for vacation time...

I was a little worried (and still am) that I will be bored & lonely...since most of my friends are either cops with weekdays off or my sisters with spouses that have weekends off...

I am happy to report my first weekend went better than expected..!! On Saturday I slept in (which is ALWAYS nice) and then drove across the country side to visit Shanna and Cason in the hospital. Richelle met up with me there to trade her boys & suburban for freedom & the Mini...

My buddy Mike then met me & the boys (D & C) at Cabbella's to buy fishing crap...I love that store & could spend a fortune there...luckily Derek didn't want much and Carsen was happy getting a $20 fishing pole. He said it was his first & only one (1)...which made it an easier decision for me...but for some reason I think he knew exactly what he needed to say to get what he wanted... He also got two (2) small tackle boxes...since his new rod came with some lures & other assorted crap that you need to catch a fish..?? Whatever it was worked...they each caught a fish or two (2)...

Anywho...we fished at Mike's house for a while & all three (3) boys had a fabulous time...then I loaded up my make-shift family into my borrowed family vehicle and headed for happy meals & home.

The weekend gets boring after that...I slept the entire day and night on Sunday...I think my body was trying to make up for the last week of schedule changes...Then Monday I spent the morning in court. Oh...& somewhere in there I actually went to the movies...I saw "The Departed"...it was pretty dang good...and I felt so "normal" to be at a theater with other people...

Monday night I did stop by Carol's house to try and steal her baby boy...Elias...who was born early Saturday morning...but she took him back when I had to leave for my math class...

All in all it was a good weekend...& to be quite honest...I am looking forward to having next weekend off too..!! I won't know what to do with two (2) weekends off in a row..!! WOO HOO!!

No comments: