Friday, November 09, 2007

My Birthday

I am never sure what to blog about, but then I remembered that I had not shared the fun events of my birthday. I was graciously invited out to lunch with Mom, Wendy and Randi at a quaint little restaurant in down town Glendale. It was in the oldest home in Glendale built in 1896 or something like that (I just hope Ryan's buildings last as long). We ate yummy food and even a little dessert. The conversation was nice, mostly because Dad volunteered to keep Jake and the other 2 were at school. When motherhood called the lunch promptly ended and my normal duties resumed.


When Anthony returned from work he brought me two dozen roses that looked and smelled beautiful. Later in the evening I woke Anthony up from a nap and we ate at the boys favorite place, Chili's. We all LOVE the chips and queso. I also had a virgin daiquiri and ribs. On the way home I even got gelato.

Friday night Raelynn and I went out with a couple of my friends to Texas Roadhouse. Little did I know that there would be a very special treat at the end of the meal. The waiter brought over a saddle on a pretend bull and I had to climb on and have the entire restaurant recognize me for my special day. I hammed it up of course and waved to all my fans. After dinner we scrapbooked at Betty's until I got another even better surprise. Betty and Diana had arranged with our friend Kym, who is now a licenced massage therapist, to come over and give me a massage and a facial. It was heaven.


I had a great birthday!

1 comment:

Carol said...

that sounds like a freaking awesome birthday! i love the surprise massage/facial in the end - what a night. great friends you have - let them know when my birthday is - ha ha!