Sunday, December 17, 2006

Super Sized


Like a kid waiting for Santa, the sisters all waited patiently for the family pictures to be posted @ the infamous Costco website. I think we knew that are too many of us to get a perfect picture, but I still think we were all slightly disappointed in some small way...

Robyn must have been quite sad that there were no Hawkins family pictures because the dog was left at home. Although the kids were dressed in the proper attire and happy to be there, the Hawkins family, I learned, is not complete without the non-potty trained 3 yr old Harley.

Regina really has no reason to be disappointed. She has the most pictures of anyone and got to go first (Plus...have you seen her girls?? How can you be disappointed with those 3 in your picture??). But...I know Regina (& I love Regina). I would make a list of possible gripes that will make tomorrow (or yesterday) her worst, most stressful day ever, but I won't. I'm sure if I called over there, I could hear them first hand, but I don't want to. I am waiting for the picture gripes to blow over. I would rather hear about some other trivial world disaster that is Regina's life.

Richelle thinks she isn't the prettiest sister, but she's wrong. Her only gripe is that the photographer somehow forgot to copy all of her family's pictures onto the CD. And although Derek appears to be dropping the 3rd son, at least the damn picture was taken on the stool...right Carsen..?!?!


Ryan...well who knows what Ryan thinks. Probably that the pictures were too expensive, so they couldn't go on a shopping spree at Walmart this month. But his family looks cute...& Walmart will sell Dr. Thunder next month, so he's happy I'm sure...

As for me...I think they are fine...other than the fact I am giant sized in the siblings pictures. Oh yeah...& I am semi-miffed that during the last 2 out of 3 family pictures I have either been Robyn's girlfriend or pathetic & all alone. I think I may like the "gay for your sister" comments better than the "who are you with? (you loser!)" comments...but hey...at least I am the biggest...big enough to take up the space of more than person...

Speaking of the biggest...Why is Raelynn the center of the picture?? I will complain for her..!! Now that I know what it feels like to be ginormous in a picture...I would not want to be on a stool (that will never be the same) in the center of a kabillion crazy family members..!! And I know Rae will gripe about what she was wearing...not because it was bad, but because she clearly did not want to be wearing it..!! (Note: Where do you buy pants that short?)

All in all I think the family pictures turned out alright. We are only gonna get bigger (& by that I mean more people, not the actual size of us)(I hope)...so I'm sure these will be better than those to come...by the time I birth out a kid or two maybe all the other kids will be big enough as to not make my kid look somewhere other than the camera :) see...there are benefits to "Who are you with? (you loser!) comments from time to time...

1 comment:

rymiembeal said...

Randi - Damn funny! I was a little irritated that the Walmart trip would have been cut short...but I will sacrifice the Dr. Thunder for the family...that's just what I'm all about...