Monday, January 01, 2007

Too Old for This

The older I get the less exciting New Years Eve is...

When I was 16, 17, 18, etc...New Years Eve was SO exciting..!! The whole getting dressed up, going out, the ball dropping...all of it was something to look forward to.

Now...watching people you either work with, hang out with, or just know get drunk & act stupid isn't quite as fun. Now...driving home praying you don't get side swiped by the drunk in the next lane...makes you wish you were at work so you could arrest the drunk in the next lane...

I can't remember the last time I had New Years Eve off...last year Amy & I hid in a parking garage (with a thick cement roof) & tossed around a football with other sad souls in uniform. There was no kiss at midnight...There was no getting dressed up...There were no drunk friends (just drunk transients...but you don't need a holiday for that excitement)...

This year things were slightly different...although we were the only two (2) sober people for miles...we did have a good time. Mike & I went to a movie (The Pursuit of Happiness), went to Cabela's...took a nap (see what getting older forces you to do?)...went to a nice dinner...& ended up at a party at our friend Dave's house.

Unfortunately...I think working may be my choice for next year...As much fun as Mike and I had (pre-party was was excellent)...hiding in a parking garage with Amy (& other child like adults with a foam football) & arresting drunks is a lot more fun than watching people your own age act like 12 year olds...& then puke.

However...the kiss at midnight may have been worth it..!!

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Sounds like someone had a good New Years! Kisses at midnight to tend to help it be better. Too bad all the women at the party I was at were married.

Well, I know I told you last week that you looked good (which...ya do) but you also look happy. He's a lucky fellow. Good for you!