Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Who NOT to call

We all ask law enforcement officers, that we know and love, a lot of dumb, random questions that they have no answers to. For example, While driving alone on the US-60 headed East you notice several Highway Patrol Officers approaching a civilian car at gun point and you wonder... what is going on? Others take it a step further and call a family law enforcement officer, wake her from sleep and ask, "What are the officers doing on the US-60?". My friends, she/he does not know. That is why today I did not try to call my favorite law enforcement officer as I approached 39th Ave and Bell and was confronted by a tank. Yes a real live tank. There were many helicopters over head, no police in sight and a TANK with a very long, large gun pointed at my stylin' ride. I was not stopped or apprehended as I am a good citizen, but I am a better sister because I didn't make the dreaded phone call. I found out later this evening that a crazy man just houses away from Anthony's dad would not go with the Sheriffs officers when they tried to serve him a warrant. He threatened them with guns, which resulted in SWAT and then, thank goodness for all of the county's tax payers, he committed suicide.

No comments: