I just finished my homework, so I thought before I hopped in the shower to get ready for the rest of my day (that started at 7am), I would give a small trip update.
For those of you faithful readers that don't know...Richelle & I have been in Denver for a few days. Richelle was invited to attend a "feeding" conference here & I figured it was only right that I tag along...ya know...to help keep her safe.
Plus...I love Denver!! I came here last September with Rob...we went to some Rockies games and goofed off downtown...which is great by the way...not like crappy Phoenix's downtown. The Light Rail here is great!! Like a lot of other cities I have visited, Denver has a Light Rail system. Phoenix's Light Rail will be similar to Denver's in some aspects, but not the "that makes sense" area or the "people will actually use it" area.
We went to the outlet mall on Thursday & then Richelle had her conference on Friday. (I'd love to explain to you all about "feeding," but that would be like asking Richelle to explain how to do a DUI.) While she was in her cool conference, I hopped on the Light Rail & went downtown. There is an outdoor "mall" area called the 16th Street Mall that I just love!! I went there with Rob, and thought it would be a good place to spend my afternoon.
So off I went with my trusty backpack, iPod, sweatshirt & camera. The Light Rail station was just across the street from the hotel (kinda) and the ride downtown & back cost about $5.50. I hopped off at the 16th Street Mall stop & started to walk...with nothing in particular to do or see.
I should have gone inside, but I have been dying to see the US Mint & looked on-line prior to the trip to see if I could arrange a tour. I should have reserved one on-line, b
Oh well...I'm sure I will visit Denver again. I will post more later...I'm going to go to lunch with "don't wanna make new friends at the feeding conference Richelle" and then I will take another adventure. Wonder where I will go today?
4 comments:
I've only been to Denver once. And the whole time I was terrified we were going to get hit by a tornado. I'm probably never going back hahah.
New Blog Update Please!!!
sounds like you girls had fun. i went to denver once with my family - i didnt see you mentioning visiting "unsinkable molly brown's" house anywhere :)
Ah, Colorado, home of laid back people (in some parts) and the most disturbingly located major airport in the US. "Hey, let's build this airport in the middle of nowhere where there are really bad winds. That will be good for planes!!"
Post a Comment