I decided to take a few days off from work this week. I was beginning to feel more than overwhelmed with my 3 page to-do list & no time to-do any of it!! Plus...my 2 finals are/were this week; it gave me a little extra time to study.
I won't lie...Ihave NO problem taking a day off from work!! I never use my vacation bank & my comp bank balance is nearly maxed out...so if I need a day to say...paint Richelle's house, I can usually take it without feeling too guilty.
Having said that...I don't think I have ever taken time off to just be by myself & get things accomplished!! I have had the best week!! Other than a few phone calls with Richelle (& that's because if I don't talk to her...I might just go nutso), my phone has been in the other room. I get SO sick of that thing!! It rings off the hook ALL the time!! AGH!!
I took some pictures along my path of "to-do" list completion. I am not done just yet, but I am down to 1/2 a page!!
So far this week…I have bought a new washer & dryer…and then returned the new washer & dryer (long drama story…which I will get into next time). I have finished Christmas shopping & I finally (after 2 nights) have finished wrapping Christmas presents. I went quazi-grocery shopping at Trader Joes & bought some chocolate covered macaroons (YUM…they are SO good) & some of their fun sparking lemonade!! I have also started to clean the house, but will finish that tonight.
I got my tires rotated, got my contacts ordered, & got the dry cleaning dropped off & picked up!! I went to the post office (our home mail box hadn’t been checked in SO long that all the mail was sent to the post office…then the mail lady came & yelled at me…AT MY HOUSE…to PLEASE go get my mail!!...I begged her not to hate us & she laughed & said “Merry Christmas!”)
I got the air filters changed at the house…I got Nick’s Direct TV box working (after only ONE year after handing it to him & telling him he could have Satellite in his room if he just called the number!!) Anywho…that’s all done…hooked up and working!! I have a feeling that may be more of a gift to me…not as much Court TV downstairs!!
Mike &I adopted a family for Christmas. I had NO idea how much work it would be!! It’s very stressful!! But now that everything is wrapped…I am very pleased :)
I also started running again. Of course…just like clock work, 2 days later I can barely walk. Oh well…I will jump on the elliptical tonight to stretch out. Plus, 2 nights of being on the floor wrapping presents was NOT good for my lower back or either of my knees!! Talk about feeling OLD…kill me now if that’s what I am supposed to start feeling like as I get older each year!!
Thursday, December 20, 2007
3 Extra
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
hey Randi I can't get to Rebecca's page on my blog, and you didn't upload the right Stephenie Meyer website.
Post a Comment