Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Present

The Rodgers family decided to pretend we all enjoy change & do something different for our sibling gift exchange this year. Robyn, Richelle & I were discussing our traditional gift exchange earlier this year, and decided that it was LAME!!

Richelle did an incredible thing...she sent a group e-mail out and asked for suggestions. I have no idea how this year's gift exchange was brought to life, but even though it involved change...I actually had fun!! It was a good change and definitely more fun than the standard: 1. know who is buying your gift. 2. call and ask them for exactly what you want/need...include size, color, coupon, etc. 3. waste time wrapping the gift that the person asked for & knows exactly what they are gonna get.

The kids were cute as can be...but that's no change. The kids all play SO well together...& they always have the best time. I hope they always remain buddy's...because I know how much I still have with Pretty Carol!! I used to look forward to holidays just so I could hang out with her. Those were the BEST times!!


The biggest change was made so that Mike & I could be included this year. We had to work on Christmas day...and had to leave about 2pm. So...although I'm sure it was hard on EVERYONE...we had (the best) brunch at 11am. Exhausted or not, the food was awesome and it was SO great to laugh with everyone & watch all the little ones enjoy Christmas.


Another change...having Mike around at Christmas. This is the 3rd Christmas that Mike & I have been friends & "hanging out." But...this is the first Christmas that we are WE...and can I just say that WE is possibly the greatest thing EVER?? I am having SO much fun with him!! I must have forgotten how great it feels to wake up every morning & be loved!! For the first time in memory, I feel so content...stressed out beyond any sane persons capability, but quite at peace & very much in love.

1 comment:

Carol said...

oh that is a very sweet post for 2 reasons...1 the comment about me - cause i always felt the same thing - i would get so mad when i would show up at grandma's house and you werent there and 2 the last paragraph - awhhh very cute.