Monday, December 31, 2007

Out With the Old & In With the New

Sooo, one happy a day a few weeks ago I tossed my uniform in the washer a few hours before I had to leave. I was talking to Richelle on the phone when we both heard the washing maching making an awful noise. I opened the lid to see what the all the rucus....and found that the washer was trying to go through the spin cycle, but it wasn't actualy spinning. I stuck my pinky finger in the hole that makes the washer work & it started to spin. However, the spin cycle didn't actually spin any water out of my clothes.

I can't complain, even though I want to. My parents bought me my first washer and dryer 9 years ago & if I remember correctly, it was 2-3 years old already.

(On a side note: I can't believe it's been exactly 9 years since Kyle & I bought our condo!! AND it's been almost 9 years since we got married!! Holy crap that seems like a life time ago. He would have turned 30 on December 22nd...sucks that he never had to get old like the rest of us.)


Anywho...I had to make another appliance purchase. My fridge died a year & a half ago...and now the washer and dryer were half broken and on their way out. I was excited to get to pick out my own washer & dryer for the first time...but so not excited about spending Visa's money on a washer & dryer. I decided to suck it up & purchased the Whirlpool Duets...top of the line front loaders. After the initial shock of the $$, I got very excited. They are awesome & enviormentally friendly.

After waiting a couple days for the delivery...the truck showed up & then drove away. The delivery guy said they wouldn't fit in my laundry room & never even unloaded them.

So after a second trip to Spencer's, I decided just to buy a regular top loading washer with it's matching dryer. Turns out, it's almost identical to my old set...except it's white and it works.

2 comments:

The Hawk's Prettiest Daughter said...

Well at least you could go to Mike's house for awhile to do your laundry! Last year when our washer broke we went without clean clothes for like two weeks! Finally my parents decided that a trip to the laundry mat was neccessary, and we also got a new washer.

Carol said...

holy crap washer drama. sheesh. cant wait to come over and use your new stuff :) ha ha j/k