Monday, February 19, 2007

They Come in 3's

There's a book called "I'm the 3rd"...from what I've heard it means that God comes first...family comes second...and I come 3rd...

Shootings also come in 3...

Well...I think my hormones must be outa wack this week or somethin'...I worked Saturday night so Mike could attend his brother's bachelor party...I love 3rd shift & it was fun to work with a squad full of friends...

The strange part is this: I went St. Joe's to help a clueless chick with a DUI that was transported to the emergency room...while I was there...I watched a 2 year old little boy...about Carsen's size...get wheeled into the trauma room because his parents decided it wasn't important for him to be buckled up...I watched his tiny body shake...while he was there all by himself...he wasn't shaking from the cold...but from trauma his little body sustained when he struck the asphalt head first after being ejected from the vehicle he was riding in...i unofficially talked to the emergency room staff...& learned the trauma his head sustained...would be permanent if he lived...

I also watched a woman die...litterally...she died in front of me...she was the unfortunate victim of road rage...I guess...road rage sounds good...the vehicle she was riding in was riddled with bullet holes...and....so was she...I've honestly never seen so much blood in my life...coming from her head...

Here's the thing: Normally (other than the child...because someone should pay for hurting him...maybe they should get to land on their head because of someone else's bad decision)...anywho...these normal bloody sightings don't phase me...but for some reason...i was bothered for this...the dead lady didn't stay with me past my drive home from work...but the small child...the one that reminded me of Carsen with...with permanent brain damage..won't leave my brain...he won't go away...

So there I was...begging my brain for sleep about 10am on Monday morning...when Nick banged on my bedroom door with some terrible news...

Around 0730 hours...a rookie Glendale cop was shot...he stopped a vehicle for fictitious plates...the VIN came back to a stolen vehicle...the front seat passenger jumped out & shot him...an Innocent 24 year old...still on probation...with a finance...

He died.

The sh$thead that did it...he was shot in the shoulder...he'll recover & be just fine...

This week...for at least 3 reasons...has been emotionally tolling...I normally sleep after the most horrifying of sights...but a dead cop...that hurts more than words can say...

And for what..?? Because some jack off didn't want to take responsibility for the actions he took when he decided to steal a car...

What is this world coming to..?? Does anyone know..?? How bad is it gonna get..?? How bad are we gonna let it get..?? I heard a man on the news to day say that he's been in Phoenix for 50 years and it's getting worse...he said someone should do something about it...

What the hell does that mean..?? We...the cops...are doing everything in their power to "do something about it." But we can't do it alone...why doesn't he get off his lazy butt, stop complaining about it, and do something about it...

It is gonna take more than just the police to make a difference...the problem...what can we do...as a public..?? What can we do together to make the problems better..?? I have no idea to be honest...

Any idea's..??

No comments: