Sunday, February 25, 2007

The Wedding Story

Mike's brother Patrick got married on Saturday...it was probably the funnest wedding I have ever been to..!! I don't normally love attending weddings...but going to a wedding with someone you actually like...that actually likes you back...is quite fun..!!

The bride, Sarah, is Jewish...& Patrick was raised Catholic. So...the ceremony was a mixture of both traditions...it sounds kinda funny...but it was actually quite nice. I have never been to a Jewish wedding before, but it was interesting to see and hear about the traditions that Sarah chose to have at the wedding.

Mike's older brother Sean married them...& he did a really nice job. He stood about 1/4 of the way down the aisle...so the bride & groom could stand facing the audience. The chairs were fanned out to make the aisle wide and to help everyone have a good view.

Sarah's dress was one of the prettiest dresses I have ever seen..!! I have known Sarah for almost a year and a half...and she has NEVER been heavy...but she has worked her butt off and looked absolutely amazing...her dress was gorgeous & she looked SO happy..!!

Mike & Patrick's friends have been in town most of the week and it's been really fun getting to know them all. Most of them I have met before, but it was nice to meet the ones I haven't met and to meet the out of town family that was here. (the pic is of me & Mike's best friend Brian)

I love to get all dressed up and get the chance to be "girly" for a change...so it was super fun to have a hot date dressed in a tux..!! All in all the wedding was great..!! The food was good...the ceremony was perfect...not too long...not too sappy...the dancing was fun...& it seemed to be a perfect day for the bride & groom.

1 comment:

Carol said...

you're freaking hot!!! if i wasnt married, straight and your cousin - i would so want you!