
For those of us that grew up in Phoenix, "baseball" is a relatively new term. We may have grown up playing the sport or even watching it on TV with our Dads. But baseball has never been our "way of life." I learned a couple weeks ago that for a large percentage of Chicago residents, ba
seball is indeed their "way of life." It's not just baseball to these people!!


seball is indeed their "way of life." It's not just baseball to these people!!Rob and I enjoy baseball together. We have been to several games at BOB (I refuse to use the new name), we have been to Coors Field in Denver, we have been to Qualcom stadium in San Diego (pre-Petco Park) and now we have been to Wrigley Stadium!!

Let me be honest...I don't love baseball. Life will go on without it. But I do LOVE being at the game. I love the feeling you get watching the game, listening to the sounds, smelling the smells. I love the food there! At Qualcom we used to get Gyros from a small hometown vendor. And in Chicago we obviously ate hot dogs & Pepsi! It was possibly the best hot dog I have ever had. They grilled the dog and then smothered the top with caramelized grilled onions...add some ketchup & relish and that dog was delicious!!
We went to 2 games and had incredible seats for both. We sat behind home plate for the first game, we sat in the bleachers for 1/2 of the 2nd game, & we sat along the 3rd base line for the second 1/2 of the 2nd game.

The area around the ballpark is called Wrigleyville. The firetrucks even had Cubs insignia on them. All of the homes on the surrounding streets have bleachers on the roof. The scoreboard is so old that it is still done manually throughout the game. I also learned that if you are a Cubs fan...you hate the White Sox. Period.
I also got to experience something I had only ever heard about...the bricks n' ivy
1 comment:
Randi, I totally agree with everything you said about Chicago and the Cubs game. We had a sibings weekend up there last summer and it was just SO fun. We didn't get to do as much as you, the river tour sounds way fun, but we walked all over the place. It was such a fun time. Glad you got to go back.
By the way, was it hot there? Or was it just you? ;)
Post a Comment