Monday, December 01, 2008

Moving Day

The day finally arrived for Mike and ALL of his possessions to move to Chandler. I spent the week packing Mike's house. I didn't know it prior to the wedding/honeymoon, but Mike hadn't packed ONE box. So when I showed up over there to "finish up" and take the "little" things...I was shocked to see that NOTHING had been packed. Luckily, I was able to talk my prettiest sister and my two oldest nieces into helping after we took Thanksgiving dinner to Mike and "our" squad.
I was finally finished by Saturday and Mike helped on Sunday before his dad, sister and Brother-in-law arrived to help. It was a LONG day and has since been a VERY LONG week!! There is stuff EVERYWHERE!! There is SO much there isn't even a starting place.
Carol arrived on Monday morning to help save me from the looming heart attack from the sky high blood pressure I have thanks to Remington and the absolute Chaos I am calling home...she helped SO much with whatever she could find to do.
While Mike was returning the moving truck and gathering more stuff from the odds and ends left at the Lake House, I got Mike's computer set-up and his TV hung in the bedroom (yes, it's level Dave Tietje), so by Monday night we happily ate dinner in bed and shared a bowl of peppermint ice cream too.


**Our other piece of news, we have less than a month until the HOA will FORCE us to be able to park one car in the garage and 2 in the driveway or be forced to park one of our vehicles "off-site" as they called it. The streets are narrow and the CC&R's don't allow parking on the street after 10pm. When I moved in, the CC&R's said that if there was space in the garage and/or driveway, you could not park in the street...somehow the HOA Nazi's changed it to the 10pm rule and have a tow truck trolling around all night.

I called one time asking what to do if I had friends over LATER than 10 pm...I guess I need a parking pass that I have to get from the property management company at 40th Street and Broadway. I doubt they're open on a Friday night when my friend decides to stay late and watch a movie or when my kid gets sick and needs to go to the ER and someone comes over to watch the kid? You get my point, right?

3 comments:

Carol said...

wow you do have hoa nazis. sheesh. ok FANTASTIC job on the tv - looks amazing - i am so proud of you for doing that all by yourself and jealous that you know how to work all those fancy tools you were using, especially the one that makes the cool noise i like :)

E said...

Yes, we have Nazi's too. You have seen our streets, they aren't narrow, but we are not allowed to have our cars parked in the street EVER. There's no 10pm thing, it's NEVER. They have some company drive around putting little "tickets" on the windshields of any car on the street. They have given them to my out of town guests before. It's nutz. AND the fees have gone up pretty much EVERY YEAR, and I sure don't see what the heck they are doing with all that money. But I digress. I do not like HOAs. I am sorry you have to have one too.

rymiembeal said...

I love HOA's because we actually do park in our garage. If you don't like the HOA, please go drive through a non-HOA neighborhood/getto and begin to appreciate not having purple or pink house next door...