Monday, December 29, 2008

Our Happily Ever After Update

Sorry for being terrible at posting lately...we've been busy over here in Chandler!! And that's putting it nicely...

We have been:



working, working off-duty, trying to get my name changed on EVERYTHING, trying to remember what my name actually IS when I walk into an interview..., returning gifts we got multiples of, going to court, spending 2 afternoons at the MVD, moving Mike OUT of the lake house and INTO "our" house, working on cleaning out what we don't need,


making room for what we do need, ordering stuff we need for the house, making numerous trips to Goodwill, making numerous trips to the dump, adding Mike to EVERY account for the HOUSE, canceling accounts we don't need for the lake house, repairing what Remington destroyed, cleaning, re cleaning and cleaning the house again,


doing too many loads of laundry to count, shopping for food, shopping for work clothes, hanging stuff, organizing, helping to throw pretty Carol a party, taking family pictures with both families, trying to get bills paid for 2 houses, shopped for Christmas, celebrating with two families, celebrating together, went to a Suns game, made 3 double batches of Christmas sugar cookies and frosted them with Mike, made Mike some chocolate chip cookies, set-up our Christmas tree,

went to each others squad Christmas party, arguing about dumb stuff that doesn't matter, adjusting to married life, my finals for the semester, registering for my FINAL semester, trying to keep friendships, posting/selling stuff on craigslist, wishing sleep came somewhere in the middle of all this crap and all the crap we can't remember to list...



Today we:

vacuumed downstairs, ate leftover stew I made yesterday (yummy), got Mike's flashlight fixed, ordered me a new uniform shirt with my correct name so I can ride with my old squad this month (woo hoo!!), went on a date to the movies...we saw Quantum of Solace (the new James Bond), ate Sushi at one of my FAVORITE places - Blue Wasabi, walked around our fabulous outdoor mall, enjoyed our fabulous weather, went to use a gift card, but forgot the gift card at home...got a new shirt & pair of pants anyway (uh...cause I "needed" 'em? :) ), walked some more (hand in hand...ahhh), went to Marshall's to make a return and looked for a sweater I ruined, but they were out (damn), rented some movies for Mike, put dinner for tomorrow in the crock pot, got clothes ready for the week, worked on laundry, cleaned up the kitchen, unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher, verified court for tomorrow (damn again!), watched a movie (a stupid movie) in bed while I worked on work stuff, my "to-do" list for this week, and updated the blog.

Here's one project I finished this weekend:

I hung the TV a few weeks ago, but I finally found/ordered an A/V rack to hang our components on...we like how it turned out and our new favorite thing to do in bed (well...not our FAVORITE) is to watch TV in bed and just be married...(the cover that hides the cords is off because we are getting a new DVD player downstairs and moving that one up here...so I left it off to make the transition easier.)




We are tired, but happy. Adjusting to married life, especially living together, has been a lot harder than we thought it would be. We are crazy in love with each other, but stubborn, independent and human. Sometimes all those things together are not a good combination. Luckily, we both take promises seriously and at the end of the day, we are usually laughing about how dumb we are. I'm just glad my best friend moved in...otherwise my husband would be a lot harder to live with. :)

p.s. Mike made the bed this morning!! He does it a few days a week (since he gets up last). I'm thrilled with the effort and the enjoyment of coming home to peace, quiet and order. I get about 2 hours a day after work to be ALONE- it's glorious. (We have a queen size bed (not matress, just bed) identical to this one for sale...if anyone knows anyone who needs/wants one.)

3 comments:

Mrs. Buv said...

You are such a liar! I didn't move in. Anth would be mad, so would Jake. :) Ri

lindie said...

you are so hilarious!! thanks for the minute to minute run down.

Carol said...

ok everyone needs to know how amazing you are when it comes to hanging that tv and everything that goes with it. i dont htink they realize how heavy it was, all the work it took to find the studs, level it, hold the 200 pound thing while drilling it, etc.

ps - kudos on throwing pretty carol a party...peeps were talking about how fabulous it was the next day at church and a few were bitter for not being invited...i have a coach wallet - woo hoo!!