Thursday afternoon Derek decided to go skate out front with a few neighbor kids. This isn't unusual as it happens 5 or 6 out of every 7 days. So I begin to make dinner (this is a small miracle, and am about to serve it, when a couple kids come in the garage door and say that Anthony wants me because Derek fell on his back. I am not too surprised that Derek fell, he does often, but is usually back at it in a few minutes.
Not this time. He was hurt. I knew it and so did the 25 other neighborhood lookie-lues.
Randi called 9-1-1 on her phone and within a few minutes Glendale FD was here.
Not this time. He was hurt. I knew it and so did the 25 other neighborhood lookie-lues.
Randi called 9-1-1 on her phone and within a few minutes Glendale FD was here.
We were taken to T-Bird, because they now have a children's unit. I must say that the children's unit that they do have SUCKS! and should not be visited by anyone you know, love or even like just a little bit.
He was checked out, after only 6 hours of being almost completely ignored, and we were on out way home, where Randi had a very yummy and warm dinner waiting for us.
Thank you to Randi for taking awesome care of Jake and Carsen while we were away, and to Robyn for the visit to make sure I wasn't going insane, and to Margene and Brennen for the Bunny and treats to ease the hours of painful waiting. We love you!
4 comments:
Good to see that you weren't too shook up to take pictures of every step along the way!!!
r
um screw what ryan said - i am glad you took pictures - my morbid curiosity needs it :) now post the video for everyone to see and take a deep gasping breath
Poor guy! What a scare. I have a feeling that with the way my little guy moves around that we will have lots of these trips before too long... Boys!
I'm so glad he is okay!
Post a Comment