I can't remember the last time I spent a weekend doing "nothing". I'm either on stand-by, doing homework, trying to get the house cleaned, getting bills paid, errands taken care of, etc...it just never ends. I can't wait until school is done.
On top of the huge adjustment of marriage...living together...etc...
I'm in my last semester at NAU and my last two classes have been the MOST work intensive classes I have taken to date...it's just my dumb luck they ended up in the same semester at the same time.
I did finally "master" red velvet cakeballs!! They weren't the prettiest balls ever, and I don't LOVE cake, but they were yummy...and it only took me two recipes & two tries. I think I'll stick to cooking and leave the baking for someone else. Click here to see the recipe.
Mike is still on the training squad and is currently training a rookie that causes great amounts of frustration at work...
I'm sure the frustration he endures at home is mostly my fault...I'm a PITA (not that he isn't, but...) and I know there are days he probably wonders why he puts up with me (trust me, the feeling is mutual). It's a good thing we freakin' love each other...since we're both such butt heads. :)
Other than trying to keep the house we live in together, we are also now renting the Lake House. Since two houses isn't quite overwhelming, we have also been house hunting. We decided since we are hoping to start our family (very) soon, that we needed to buy a place we can call "ours". We want to live in the northwest valley, closer to both families and in a house we can raise our kids in- from start to "finish".
We both agreed that we'd look at any house that matched OUR needs/requirements..we also agreed/believed that when we found THE ONE...we'd just know it. We look at several homes...and we KNEW they were NOT it.
Funny enough, we knew we found our dream home the second we walked inside...and then outside. It's a short sale...and we put in an offer a couple of weeks ago and haven't heard much of anything since. We did hear that the bank will let us know in the next "few days". We are super excited and really, really hope to be moving soon!! Not to jinx us, but I'll post a couple pictures so everyone can be as excited as we are!!


We love the floor plan (w/the game room), we love the huge lot size, we love the neighborhood, we LOVE the backyard (built-in bbq, fire pit, pool/spa, fireplace/conversation area, room for the turtle pond, a grassy area for the kids, an RV gate for the boat...I could go on and on and on).
Richelle's surgery is Friday...my final paper is due NEXT Thursday...then my graduation...then back to California for Ryan's graduation (luckily we are flying one of the ways this time)...then I'm hoping to be packing/moving...and hopefully in between the family parties, work, regular every day crapola there will be a lot of baby making going on!!
7 comments:
I'm jealous of your purses...way cute! I want one :)
you bought me one right?just kidding. NOT!
brooklyn
your purse is cute too buddy! i am not going to say anything about the house, i am sure you know why :) delicious cake balls my dear! hurry up and be done with school...i miss you.
Your balls look good to me...er wait, that didn't come out right. Red Velvet cake balls sound yummy.
Your purse is way cute, and the house definitely looks WONDERFUL.
I hope you get it, or one just like it.
Have fun staying busy.
I deleted the 1st comment because of reeeeally embarassing spelling errors, btw.
Sounds pretty exciting over in your world, good luck with all the houses.
Kerrie
Post a Comment