This is my last week of school, so my first official post-graduation project will be to finish the stupid book!! Along with the "Mom Book" I have also been scanning hundreds of our family pictures. Holy crap...why did I ever think this was a good idea..?? I think I have just about everything scanned in...good or bad- it's in there. If anyone wants to "help" with putting together the book...let's schedule a kid-free project day at my house...anyone..?? Bueller??
Here are a few fun pictures I have for our book about Mom.
This one is my all time favorite picture!! It's Mom and Grammy leaving the Temple...I'm assuming after her Endowment session...or after the wedding?? (Not sure why she wouldn't be with Dad if it was after the wedding..?? Dad...we'll need clarification on this, please!!) I love, love, love her suit!! I'm sure she made it herself...and it totally makes me smile. It's SO her.
This one is of Mom holding Robyn...totally wish we had a thousand of these...(of all of us)
This one is the ONE year I remember getting to wear "casual" clothes for family pictures. I was SO excited that year...not sure why it was such a big deal?? Plus, Ryan's wearing pink...how could I not love that?? I'm just glad I got to wear pig-tails...cause what is all that feathering going on in the back row..?? haha...just kidding. :)P.s. One other reason it's not done: I'm still waiting for everyone's stories!!!!!!!!!! I have an awesome story from Grandma Joyce...and Regina promises she has a bunch...so all you other slackers need to get writin'!! Seriously...it's for your KIDS and it's about your MOM...shouldn't be something you are avoiding.
7 comments:
Those pictures are great!!!
GREAT pictures...your mom has the BEST smile. So infectious and warm:) She is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
Holy smokes. I am sorry, I don't know which sister she is because, yeah, the three sistahs in the back row all very similar looking, but the sister behind your mom, in what appears to be maybe a magenta or red shirt...well it kinda freaked me out for a second because she sure as heck looks like ME when I was about 13-14 years old. I totally had that hair! Totally! Same color and everything. Wow. Kelly had hair much like that too, but hers was super blonde.
What great photos!
ok the picture of uncle richard with dark hair - that freaks me out - he never had dark hair - its always been gray and that's how i like it :)
Your Dad says the picture at the temple is of your Mom and Grammy after the sealing at the Oakland Temple. That is the orange suit with an orange knit top and gold chain that she wore to their sealing. (She does have an infectious smile.) He thinks they had just changed and come out the door before him. I'll add my comment that that is probably true. He always takes a long time dressing because he talks to everybody in the dressing room. I'm sure your Mom always had to wait on him after dressing at the temple. It is an endearing quality.
It's only endearing if you haven't been on the recieving end the same story numerous previous times.
r
BTW - Ryan's expression...now it is Emily's expression!!! NO JOKE!
M
Post a Comment