Monday, April 27, 2009

Gallbladder Removal, Inc.

A few years ago, my dad invited me over dinner and broke the news, "I have cancer." After I got up off the floor, he said it was in one of his kidney's and they were going to remove it. LONG story short (since this blog isn't about that), they went in and took one kidney and one gallbladder. I guess the gallbladder was being a PITA as well, so might as well yank all the bad crap at once, right?
Last time I was with my Prettiest Sister in the hospital she was giving birth to her third and final son (screamin') Jake. A few floors beneath us, Robyn was also visiting the same hospital. Lucky for her, she was not giving birth to her third child...she was having her gallbladder out.
This past Friday, after a quick pedicure (for prettiness) Richelle checked herself into the out-patient surgery area of Arrowhead Hospital...she too had her gallbladder removed. She was all smiles as they wheeled her off...we all just sat in her "room" for a minute...then looked at each other and decided we should probably relocate to the waiting area.
I of course came prepared with my trusty camera...hoping to get some video of Richelle doped up after surgery. Of course I was too worried about her to do much video...and I was a little afraid. She is NOT nice when she is on drugs!! (Note to self...)
Regina is next...as soon as they can get her surgery scheduled...

This family is a bundle of genetic, hospital lovin' fun times...can't wait for the Thyroid issues, the obvious gallbladder issues, etc. Maybe we'll opt out of the cancer gene-pool and just have the "minor" issues..?? Huh...I should probably stop waiting and schedule my next colonoscopy.

1 comment:

The Willeyes said...

Your such a great sister...she will love those pictures :)