Saturday, May 16, 2009

Day @ Disneyland

The second day of our trip was a fabulous day spent at Disneyland!! I love, love, love Disneyland and love it even more when spent with my nieces and nephews. About three years ago, when Screamin' Jake was only six weeks old, I was lucky enough to tag-a-long on a Richelle and Regina's Disneyland vacations (Michelle brought Emily & Bella for a bit too). I have never (NEVER) had so much fun!! Watching innocent children truly enjoy the magical experience was too good for words. This trip was also super fun...we got to spend it with Ryan's three girls and my parents. There are certain experiences that a person will never forget...this was one of the better ones.

We started the day at the park about 9am and went straight to a LONG line for a Princess thingy that included pictures and autographs. I was not upset with the line, we were with three girls that love princesses, after all. I was stupid for assuming we were waiting for many princesses, when in fact, we were waiting for only three princesses; Mulan, Snow White & Sleeping Beauty. The princesses change out and there it is never a sure thing which princess you'll get when it's your turn. Oh boy. (This made me miss the boys...dragons, snakes & sharks...no princesses.)



After we met three pretty princesses, Nana bought the girls each a castle cookie that came complete with pink and blue icing for decorating and other candied decorating thingys. The girls had fun and we enjoyed watching the decorating.
After the castle cookies, we headed to Thunder Mountain!! I must say, it's definitely still one of my favorite rides!! Emily, however, does NOT like Thunder Mountain...and that was proved with the shrills from start to finish. Bella, on the other hand, LOVED Thunder Mountain...she had her hands in the air from start to finish.
Throughout the day we found the Pirates of the Caribbean, the jungle cruise, It's a Small World, the Matterhorn (Bella went twice she loved it so much) and of course Splash Mountain. We were all soaked, but the the picture was priceless. (I'll have to post it tomorrow...it's not scanned in yet.) The girls and their parents were also "lucky" enough to enjoy the tea cups...

We ate the best junk food: pineapple whip, churros, pretzels w/cheese, etc...and for dinner we found the hand dipped corn dog cart...YUMMY!!
My dad hurt too much to stay all day & all night, so after he found his way back to the hotel we enjoyed more Disney adventures.
Our magical day ended with the fireworks. I absolutely love fireworks and think they are so incredible...especially Disney fireworks. I was very happy to learn the both of my mothers also love fireworks.

I remember being a little girl and hearing all the excitement coming from my mom. Carlys was just as excited (or so it seemed) by the fireworks. She even refused to leave them before they ended. We thought we lost her, but she was just enjoying the magic.

No comments: