Sunday, June 14, 2009

3rd Annual Girl's Weekend

This year for Girl's Weekend we found a new spa to try out...and we were all pleased. The Renaissance is a newer hotel in the west valley near the football stadium. It was Sydney's first to join us...Robyn, Pretty Carol, Richelle & me. We spent all of Friday relaxing with massages, wraps, baths, facials, pedicures & manicures...(each of us got our own thing....not one of everything.)





After our pampering, we relaxed by the pool while we had lunch, drinks and girl talk...



When we had our fill of the sun, we headed back into the spa to shower and get ready for our dinner at the Melting Pot. After we cleaned up a bit, we picked up Carlys and drove to Scottsdale. We decided this year to be "smart" about the menu and only get two of the courses...the two most important: the cheese & the chocolate!!

(**side note: I love The Melting Pot...I could eat there everyday...yummy!!)

Syd was new to fondue and enjoyed every bit of it...at one point she nearly stabbed Richelle for eating her own share of the graham cracker covered marshmallow...she ordered herself a few more marshmallows the next time the waiter walked by...


The other change we made this year was to stay at the "Hawkins' Hotel" instead of staying at the Spa/Hotel...I must say...I think I prefer the "Hawkins' Hotel" over the Princess...

After dinner we added Raelynn to our all girls group and headed to our hotel dessert, the hot tub, and a few short hours of sleep...after the giggling subsided.

Robyn & Syd had all the beds made with fresh sheets...in each room there were roses and gift baskets waiting for each of us. They also "named" each room...Carol & I slept in the "Pretty Princess Room" better known as Billy's room...Carlys & Sydney slept in the "Twilight Terrace" aka - Sydney's room...while Richelle & Robyn slept in the Phat Cat Room aka - Robyn's room. Raelynn got her own space in the loft with her aerobed and breathing apparatus.

Before we could settle down, Carol and I decided we should visit the Phat Cats...which brought Sydney in too. Poor Robyn had gone downstairs for something and came back this this:

Even Harley (the dog) didn't know what to think...


Poor Carol Ann had to wake up the earliest to get her day started...and unfortunately for her it did NOT involve more Girl's Weekend time...the rest of us slept until about 10:30am and then headed to the pool!! Even Raelynn joined in on the fun in the sun.

It was a great Girl's Weekend again this year!! I wish we could do it more than once a year!! Shanna was out of town this year...so hopefully next year will have us all back together!!

**Here's a picture of how different Carol looked last Girl's Weekend (April 08)...prego with twins that she delivered 06/11/08!! This past year she's worked so hard after having the boys that she fits into Sydney's clothes!! Way to go Carol!! You are my Hot Mommy Idol!! Seriously- you rock my world!!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh how fun. I love the spa. I also agree with the decision of cheese and the dessert and melting pot. Yum..love that place. You girls looked like you had a blast...

Carol said...

LOVED girls weekend! lets do it again, more cheese, more chocolate, more massages, more hawkins hotel, more chocolate popcorn, more sun, man i am greedy huh?! loved it, love you girls! and...love that i dont look like that last pic anymore :)

E said...

Hey, the lady that did Sydney's nails did mine a couple months ago when Raven and I had our Raven and Mommy only weekend. We both got manicures. I remember she had a cute accent and we talked about animals a lot, because she loves animals....Was her name Heidi or something like that?

Anyway, yeah that is a great hotel. We only went to the spa, but we did roam around the hotel itself to get a look and it was really cool.

Glad you all had fun!

ClanRodgersAZ said...

I had a great time. Can't wait for next time. Maybe I can stay up later too. I loved the Hawkins Hotel. THAT is a great place to roam around. Love Nana