Monday, June 01, 2009

Only Two Will Understand

I went to Camp Lo Mia from the summer I was 12 until the summer I was 17...from a yearling to a Junior Staffer. I loved every second of it...EVERY SECOND.

The summer I was 21 I got invited back...this time as a leader. I got to be a grown up with all the women who'd help to raise me...Anna Mae, Leigh Ann, Karen Checketts, Aksel & Pat...you get the point.

I also built a bond with two of my "girls"...both of whom are now "women". One a return missionary and one a mother of 4...and me. We've come so far from the "need" we fulfilled for each other that summer...in a good way. There is no way to explain it...it is what it is...and we're family for life...in our own way..."Mutha" "Virginia" & "Dakota...north" LOL...only we get it and that's why it's funny.


there were also a few others to join our fun...from time to time that summer we sidewalk chalked Anna Mae's house...went for ice cream...found some fire fighters...and made Mitchel Brady wear a boa. We also frequented the Applebees more times than I can count...I may never eat their mashed potatoes again.

**I'll have to dig up more pictures...

7 comments:

lindie said...

That is so funny!! Is that Jessi Ely in the pictures with you??? I miss camp lo mia!!

lindie said...

Were we junior staffers the same year? I can't remember. I just know it was my favorite year. Were you a stake leader the year we could only stay for a day because something was wrong with the water? LOL- just had a memory. Who was our 10th grade math teacher. The one with the gloves!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG. OMG!! People are wondering what the heck is going on in my cubicle because I can't stop laughing! I can't believe you had these, love them! Just for the record, we made Mitchell wear that boa, but the pose was all him!

THE FLEMING FAMILY!!! said...

What a fun experience at the good old camp lo mia. It's crazy because I am our wards camp director so since I was 12 I have only missed 2 years. What fun memories!!

The Willeyes said...

Oh my gosh! Camp Lomia is the best!!! What wonderful memories :)

my mudda' calls me jack said...

I don't know what to say... except ditto to everything you said!!!
amazing times, amazing [?] pictures!!!!
i need to just copy and paste these onto my blog or somewhere that i can get them printed.

so priceless.

yes, lindie, that's me...

Bon said...

love the pictures randi! i hadn't seen most of these. you girls crack me up. hope you're doing well :)