Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Lobsterfest '09

A simple known Derek fact: Derek loves seafood.

He always asks to go to Red Lobster for his birthday...this year, I told Richelle to let him get a live lobster for his big #9...she said NO WAY. So I told Derek I would take him & he could pick out any lobster he wanted.

Since he is staying with us this week while he attends skate camp, we thought it would be the perfect time to let him choose his own lobster. Monday after I picked Derek up from skate camp (after he showered all that nasty boy sweat off), the three of us headed to Red Lobster for a fun filled, lobster filled meal...that started with pina colada's for Derek, soda for Mike & water (my new beverage of choice) for me.



Ready and waiting for the largest lobster in the tank...the 3 lb'er.

Here it is...ALL of it!!
The manager helped Derek to crack the hard parts...


He ate nearly ALL of it!! Plus a few bites of salad, mozzarella sticks and a stuffed mushroom. The rest we brought home and will make lobster omelets for tomorrow's breakfast!! Yum!!

We love you Big D...we're super glad you are staying with us this week so we can spoil you rotten and I can get my Mama fix...(I just love getting to take care of him.) **sigh**

3 comments:

ClanRodgersAZ said...

I am so jealous, about the lobster and having Derek all week.

Carol said...

that's totally discusting and totally shocking he could eat all that!

ps - "D" i am still hurting that you have abandoned me this week.

Kerrie said...

Randi,
Water is your new beverage of choice? Any particular reason? Hope life is going well, we have got to catch up.

Kerrie