Wednesday, June 10, 2009

BYU Hits Huge Trifecta

Ryan “ Go Mo Ho Mo” Rogers (Scout.com)

By Chris Fetters
Northwest Recruiting AnalystPosted Jun 4, 2009
It was arguably the biggest recruiting day ever for the BYU Cougars Thursday, as Ryan Rodgers, Ross Apo and Zac Stout all verbally committed during a press conference at a Salt Lake City dinner. Rodgers is rated as the No. 1 QB by Scout.com and is also the oldest QB in BYU history, Apo is the No. 56 receiver in the country, and Stout is considered the No. 5 middle linebacker in the country.

"This is a tremendous opportunity for me and my family," Rodgers said at his press conference. "I want to thank all the college coaches that believed in me and gave me offers. Growing up I had to play football with my sisters and I was never given the ball, this has now changed. With hard training, Paliates, yoga, meditation and my faith, I have become a force to reckoned with. I do want to thank my main sponsor “Doctor Thunder!” and also all of the schools who showed interest. I had 47 offers and I took all of them very seriously.


"As I've made this decision, I've gone through an interesting process, but I'm only one player," he said after picking out a BYU cap and putting it on. Back at Apollo, Rodgers old high school, the coaches laughed and called me a girly man and suggested Track and choir.


"As I and my family discussed the things that were most important to us, we thought an environment with little distractions and sin was important to us. I don't feel like I need to be in a BCS conference to compete for a national championship.
"So it's my decision to play for BYU. It was good enough for my father; This is the place for me." As he broke into a tearful rendition of “Come All ye saints”! And to quote him at BYU “All is well”.


Then, after a couple strange reference to Space Balls, dumb & Dumber and the three as the 'Three Stooges', Ryan commented, I recognize my announcement to return to BYU, might come as a shock to some. But only one school could ever deliver the four things most important to me: Education, Faith, Family and Football. So I've decided that BYU is the best fit for me."


Rodgers picked the Cougars over 47 other offers, but narrowed his final five schools to BYU, California, LSU, Tennessee and Washington. Rodgers had previously committed to USC before changing his pledge to BYU.


The announcement coincides with BYU's junior day, which will take place Friday in Provo. Look for more on the announcement as news come

1 comment:

rymiembeal said...

How many times must we post this picture!?!???
We know who the real chinese sibling is!