When I was little, all I ever wanted was to be a grown-up. I always wanted to be old enough to hang out with my older sisters...I wanted a later curfew...I wanted to be old enough to date...I wanted to look older...I just wanted to be older.
I didn't "enjoy" high school. Life was strange for me at that age...& then when life was normal again...Well...it got strange all over again. I didn't take the time to enjoy being young...to soak up living at home with little responsibility...I didn't make my own hobbies...I didn't care about a whole lot...other than Kyle...making sure Rae was where she needed to be...& how to keep the absent notice out of Dad's hands...
I turned 27 today....TWENTY SEVEN..!! I don't know what 27 is suppose to feel like...but I think I feel 27. I don't get carded to get into places anymore...I have lines on my face...I am tired all the time...and the amount of responsibility I feel sometimes...wow...& I don't even have kids..!! (you guys must be overwhelmed)
I even worry about the future...am I putting enough money away for retirement...do I have the right training so I can get the position that will be best for my family when it's time...what will my kids face in this city...what will the world be like when my kids are my age..??
I find myself looking at kids today & shaking my head...at the words they use...at the clothes they wear...(stuff I wouldn't be caught dead in)...I see Derek turn 7...Sydney a year away from driving and dating...
She sent me a text message the other day from the Apollo gym...she was at a ball game with her friends...(GO HAWKS!!)...I can't believe she is old enough to be in high school ...let alone be at MY high school...hanging out with her friends..!!
The dictionary says this about "old" :
Old = Not young; advanced far in years or life; Not new or fresh; not recently made or produced; having existed for a long time; original; Continued in life; advanced in the course of existence; Long practiced; experienced; cunning; Long cultivated; Worn out; weakened or exhausted by use; past usefulness; More than enough; abundant. Aged; antiquated;
30 used to sound SO old...now my only brother is 30 & hes isn't old...
40 used to sound SO old...now Mike (Shanna's Mike) is 40 & he isn't old...
50 used to sound SO old...now Michael is 50 & he isn't old...
OH BOY...When did we all get old..??
2 comments:
Thanks for the reminder on how old everybody is. Isn't Robyn 40? Were you just trying to be nice?
Happy late B-Day!! Great wedding pics by the way. One hot cop indeed!
Post a Comment