Sunday, April 13, 2008

Bon Jovi Baby!!

Friday night was the night we have been talking about and waiting for since the beginning of October...the Bon Jovi Concert!! Although we were all equally excited, this was 2 years of waiting for Richelle!! She had a ticket for the last concert, but delivered Jake 2 days early and was obviously unable to attend.

Carol did make mention one funny Bon Jovi Concert Fact: Over the past 7 years, we have been to all 3 of the Bon Jovi Concerts. Pregnancy has surrounded each participant except me (whew!). At the first concert, Carol said that she and Shanna had each just miscarried. :( At the last concert, both Shanna and Carol were pregnant and they were even due within days of each other (they both had boys)...and Richelle had just delivered Baby Jake. At this concert, Carol is prego with twins!! Shanna is NOT prego, but I said since Carol has 2 boys growing inside of her, that 1 of them can count for Shanna this time!!

Anywho, we all met up at Mike's house (who happened to be out of town fishing with his dad) and drove to the concert together. Pretty Carol was a few mnutes late, but a very good friend of mine (that works for Glendale PD) was able to get us awesome parking!! We parked right next to the stadium...in the lot wherethe off duty officers parked (that were doing traffic control) and the Band's convoy of semi's were stashed. As nice as it was for us non-pregos to park so close...Carol shouldn't have to walk miles at a time and park with the common folk :)

Once we were inside, we found our seats. Carol and I worked on finding food and beverages, while Richelle worked on getting our shirts. (I know it's kinda lame, but we have to have our latest Jon Bon Jovi concert shirt!!)

The lights finally dimmed and the band took the stage...they rocked that place for 2+ hours!! I think it may have been better than the last one, but I'm sure I'll think the next was better than this!! Jon, of course, looked HOT!! He jumped around, danced, sang, played the guitar and never once sounded out of breath. The whole band was awesome...the entire concert was AWESOME!!
We missed it, but the opening act was "Daughtry." I didn't even know who that was until he came back on stage to sing a song with Jon. They sounded great and I was actually a tiny smidge sad that we missed his entire show. But that one song really was more than enugh for me...Jon started singing again as soon as the duet ended and I forgot all about Daughtry...or whatever his name is. :)



Here's one of the videos we took at the concert...Richelle's boys LOVE this song & can sing the ENTIRE thing when they're rockin' out in the mom-mobile with their Jon Bon Jovi lovin' Momma!!

No comments: