Last Friday morning, Robyn's car stopped out in front of Mike's house just long enough for me to load my bags (yes...bags plural)...then we hit the highway!! We (Robyn, Richelle, Sydney and I) typed in Ryan's address and let the Garmin (now known as "gus gus") navigate our route!!
We met up with my dad, Carlys and Raelynn at first rest area...then caravaned with them nearly the entire way. The drive wasn't too bad...even as the backseat passenger. Thank goodness I bought that stinkin' Nintendo DS last year!! That thing has saved my brain many, many times!!
After we checked in to the hotel, we met up with Michelle and Carlys and the girls!! I hate that Ryan and Co. live so
dang far away!! I wish we could all meet up more often!! After our stop at the Coach Factory store and picking up our traditional Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory Carmel apples...we headed to Ryan's house for a quick visit.
We met up with my dad, Carlys and Raelynn at first rest area...then caravaned with them nearly the entire way. The drive wasn't too bad...even as the backseat passenger. Thank goodness I bought that stinkin' Nintendo DS last year!! That thing has saved my brain many, many times!!
After we checked in to the hotel, we met up with Michelle and Carlys and the girls!! I hate that Ryan and Co. live so
Saturday...I spent most of the day working on homework, while Robyn and Ryan yelled at the Suns game...Richelle played Hungry Hippos one too many times and poor Sydney was even more bored than us with absolutely nothing to do.
We all finally loaded up for a trip to the beach. We planned to see some tide pools, but we learned that it was the wrong time of year. It didn't matter, we still had a nice time just being together. Everyone seemed content with just enjoying the cool weather and each others company.
Late Saturday afternoon, Regina's family arrived from their week at Dinseyland. We left all the kids with a babysitter and had a nice dinner out. I don't know how everyone else feels, but I just LOVE spending time with my family!! It's fun to get them away from their houses and their kids...and just spend time talking to THEM. I love my sisters...and my brother too. I think they are so incredible...it's fun to be around them and it makes me sad that life gets so busy that we don't do it as often as we should.
Sunday morning we woke up EARLY and headed off to church. Ryan blessed Alexis, and did a great job. It feels strange to see my brother as a "grown-up." He has a grown-up job and a bunch of kids!! It feels like we were just chasing each other around the dining room table...or running from Mom when she got out the wood spoon!!
Alexis of course looked like an angel...her dress was awesome and she was very peaceful. I'm just crazy about my little birthday buddy!! I hate that they live so far away...if gas prices would go back to even quazi-affordable, it would be a lot easier to make the drive for a weekend every now and again.
After a fun-filled chocolate fountain lunch, we said our goodbyes and set Gus Gus for home.
Here are some pics from our trip to the OX:


1 comment:
great pictures! lookiin' good as always. my favorite picture was the family one, i liked how richelle was holding ryan's arm like she was the wife :)
Post a Comment