Today Nana and Grumpaw threw their First Annual "Back to School" Party.

The party started with a yummy BBQ, complete with burgers, hot dogs, chips, fruit and more.

After eating the swimming began. All the kids and nana swam for hours. They jumped

and slid
into the pool. They squirted and splashed. The raced and played water games.
While the party continued, grumpaw was back at the food prep. This time it was coals + wire coat hangers + marshmallow + chocolate covered cookies = yummy smores. All the kids were covered in chocolate! They loved every minute of it.
Once the little faces were washed and the sunscreen re-applied, the swimming began again and didn't stop until the pinata was hung. All the kids had at least one turn demolishing the patriotic pinata. Cute and tiny McKenna couldn't even hold up the bat to hit the pinata, but she sure tried. Once the pinata was opened, school supplies showered all over the driveway. The kids all got loaded up with pencils, erasers, markers, rulers, notebooks and more.
While the kids looked at their loot, pizzas were ordered and quickly eaten. After dinner we all helped clean-up the house and yard in order to be ready for the final activity.
Before we all left for home, we gathered around grumpaw for an Uncle Remus favorite, "Tar Baby". I could never get enough of my Dad reading those stories to us.
Thanks mom and dad for a wonderful day. It couldn't have been better!
3 comments:
I seriously ALWAYS get left out and I live here!! whatever
ya me too, whatever.
We had the very best time ever. Thanks so much for coming. You don't have to be a kid to come, you know. We wish Emily, Bella, and Lexsi could have been there. Maybe next time or some time in the future with any other grandkids that come along. Nana loved being in the water with the kids. I almost had Billy in that one game. Remember I am working out. Next year you may be a year older but I'll be a year stronger and meaner. McKenna was adorable with the ducks and the slide and the jumping off the waterfall. Each one of the kids is a riot and I love playing with them. I'll never be to old. Love, Nana and Grumpaw
Post a Comment