Work was fun though...I got to respond to a bank robbery and help with a home invasion. The bad news: there are NO city vehicles...so I am carpooling with Rob (which is the good part of the bad news). I also did not have to fill up my gas tank in the last 10 days...usually I fill up every 4-5 days at $60 a fill-up.
I had homework due Tuesday night, so as soon as I walked in the door I made a beeline for the computer. I finished my homework about 10 minutes before it was due....which was 11:59 pm.
Ugh...by the time I got something to eat, showered and in bed...it was late. After less than 4 1/2 hours of sleep, I was up and getting ready for another day.
Wednesday we had a calm day...nothing for us to respond to. Richelle picked me from work and we drove out to a uniform store so I could pick up a few items I needed for my new position. Then we went to Carol's house so Richelle could finally meet the babies. After that...I attended my first scrap booking class with Richelle. I won't lie...I was frustrated the ENTIRE time, but I had so much fun spending time with Richelle that I didn't even notice how much $$ it cost me to start a new hobby. I didn't actually put a page together, but I took a tons of pictures of the examples...
As soon as we were done at the class, I headed back to Carol's to babysit so that she and Jared could spend a few hours on a date for the first time since the twins were born. I got to love on Elias and on Tyler and Tyson!! They're so snugly and yummy!! I just love 'em...they are still SO tiny!!

I got home about midnight, finished my homework, showered and crawled into bed. About 4 hours later my alarm went off. I almost started crying...too many days in a row with too much lost sleep and even more homework.
Thursday didn't allow for tired time...we responded to two (2) different bank robberies. They were both pretty "easy" straight forward investigations....both robberies were committed by "stringers"....each guy or group of guys has now committed numerous bank robberies. We were held over a bit and by the time I got home, ate, turned in the quiz that took me 2 hours to complete...it was "late" again.
Friday morning my alarm didn't even get to go off...we got called out to a home invasion. We (me and my carpool partner) weren't on stand-by, but too many other detectives had been called out to another home invasion at 1am...so they called in EVERYONE. It was a good learning experience...so I'm glad I got to go. I got to be the 'scene investigator' too!! Kinda scary...but like I said...a very good learning experience. :)

I got home about 6:30 on Friday night...I had another quiz due and I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to stay awake long enough to turn on the computer. So I gave myself a quick, but much needed pedicure...and as I was talking myself into doing the stinkin' quiz Carol called me and said she was picking me up in about 15 seconds...
We ran to the grocery store...it took WAY longer than normal, but I honestly have been waiting for stupid moments just like this for the last 5 1/2 years...since I started living my abnormal life with my abnormal schedule. Plus...Carol is totally one of the woman I look up to and admire for the amazing life she lives....and for the amazing woman she is. As much as I want to live closer to Richelle, I don't want to ever leave the mile drive to Carol's.
I just finished my quiz that was due tonight...and now I'm too tired to get off the couch. I'm already wearing pj's...maybe I can lay here all weekend? Well...maybe just until tomorrow when I finally get to see Mike again. We obviously took working the same schedule and the ability to have dinner together every night for granted. I feel like such a dork, but I really missed him this week.
2 comments:
Wow, that's quite the week!! Sounds like you're enjoying Robbery though. Congrats!
Hopefully next week will be better for ya. Take it easy! ;)
you almost made me cry, man i am a homo. dont say such nice things about me, you need to say them about yourself.
Thank you for babysitting so we could have some much needed time away from the boys, thank you for keeping me company at the grocery store and you are the one i look up to because you are so loving, giving, selfless, etc.
Post a Comment