Saturday, October 11, 2008

Cable Guy & Fair Food

Tonight Mike & I set wedding plans, house cleaning, winter grass & homework aside to venture out to the Arizona State Fair!! Well...before you pass judgment...we went to see Larry the Cable Guy...who happened to be at the fair. The Coliseum was PACKED and Larry was dang funny as always!! For our added enjoyment...the weather was awesome!! Even a little chilly...FINALLY!!

After the laughing our butts off for about an hour, we headed out to the midway for the Fair food!! Before we found food, we chased down a man that still wore a mullet with pride!! We were laughing SO hard by the time we were able to get a picture!!

After the sneaky picture of the mullet, we found some old photo booths & decided to try 'em out. (side note: I want a photo booth at the wedding SOOOOOOO bad!! But they are $800 for the night...so far it's the one thing we can't afford that I am still sad about. I think it's such a fun idea!!)

Mike let me pick our main course...which of course was Indian Fry Bread from the place I've been getting Fair Fry Bread my whole life...San Tan Fry Bread!! It's the best!! We shared a fry bread and then set out to find dessert!!

Mike found his favorite - ICE CREAM!! He got a homemade drumstick...made with A LOT of rocky road ice cream, a chocolate coating, and rolled in nuts to top it off. It was HUGE...and impossible to eat.

There are numerous desserts that I wanted to try...funnel cake, caramel apples, kettle corn, etc...but I always opt for my childhood favorite - fresh, pink COTTON CANDY!! The nice lady even put it on the OG paper stick for me, instead of making me eat it out of the bag. I can't remember the last time I had this exact snack, or the last time I had that much sugar in six months, but it was SO good and I had SO much fun eating it!!

We also got to see my friend Chris that works for DPS...he always works the fair for extra money. We keep in contact via e-mail and text messages, but since I last saw him he got married and his wife had their first baby!!

I honestly can't remember the last time Mike & I had SO much fun together...I mean we ALWAYS have fun and laugh the entire time we are together, but tonight there was just something different...we really enjoyed leaving everything at home and just getting out. It was nice to walk around, hold hands, and just be together.

parking - $12
entrance tickets to the fair - $12 (each) (can you believe that crap?)
concert tickets - $20
fair food - $30
laughing all night with the man of your dreams - pricele$$

2 comments:

Carol said...

ok you are to dang cute in these pictures, seriously. love the last sad face with no more cotton candy.

E said...

GREAT pics. That blog entry actually brought tears to my eyes.
I'm so glad you and mike have each other. Have to stop writing before I burst into full on tears.

Man, I haven't been to the fair in like, 15 years.