I honestly don't have much to say. The "happy" blog I want to post can't be posted without the pictures that are on my other computer...since I'm tired enough of reading my old blog (since the other half of my blog refuses to blog)....I decided that I would ramble on about what is my life right now...
Here's what I've been up to:
Mike & I packed a truck load of his stuff and brought it over to "our" house...I even unpacked FIVE whole boxes of his stuff & got it all put away. Only a few days until we live together!! I'm super excited and totally frightened all at the same time.
The wedding plans are coming along...it'll be here before I can turn around again!! There are sooo many things to get done and way too few days to get all of it done...planning this wedding could have been my full time job since August 16th. I have a few more hours to decide, but I am thinking I need to drop my second class this semester. It's a very time consuming class...it's my writing/research paper class that I need for my degree. I've been working on the research portion and might be having a panic attack just thinking about it.
I heard some of the worst news in my entire life today. My good friend Kim (from high school) was not feeling well over the past few months, but hadn't gotten any news back about what was really wrong. Last Wednesday her pain was too bad to suffer through, so off to the ER she and her husband went. She received some unexpected news over the next few days, but now has a diagnosis. She has colon cancer, which has spread to her liver and her lungs; they believe it is at stage 4. She is being moved to the Mayo Clinic this week for a second opinion and for the obvious state of the art treatment. She's a healthy 29 year old, a fantastic athlete, a beautiful woman, an exceptional mother of 2, a wonderful man's trophy wife, the perfect daughter...there is no explanation for her to have colon cancer. If it was me, there would be an explanation...an understandable explanation...with what we learned about the genetic link from my mom's cancer and all. It would be awful still, but explainable. She was always one of the strongest women I knew, I guess now she'll get her chance to kick some ass...with the chemo, I guess it'll be a give and take ass kicking relationship.
Work is getting better for me. I am starting to get some idea of what I'm doing. I am happier, so I guess that's what counts. I still miss my old job, but I think I've come to terms with where I am and blah, blah, blah...
I guess that's about it. This is the update...well this the quick update. There is a lot more, but I'm exhausted, have court first thing in the morning and I'm on stand-by...so it'll have to do for tonight. When does life slow down enough to enjoy it?
1 comment:
That's really a shame about your friend. I hope she makes it through all right.
Glad you're feeling better about your job lately, too.
And, again, congrats on getting hitched. I hope it goes off without a hitch. :D
And, I'm assuming my invite got lost in the mail? :D
J/k, I hope it's a blissful day.
Post a Comment