We went on our first double date with our soon to be neighbors Carol & Jared...we went to the Suns game & had a great time!! I wasn't sure taking the night off from homework and the kabillion other things on my list was such a good idea, but we had a really good time. It was nice to take a break & have some fun!!

(Plus Dan Majerle is one of the assistant coaches this year...and he was nice to look at...still!! Not that I don't just sit back at my computer and look up EVERY time feel like it...I keep my framed poster just above my computer desk...I bet Mike can't wait to move in!! Whew...)
*********************************************************************************
Anyhoo...This past Saturday was my Bridal Shower. Let me just say that my sisters ROCK!! They are so awesome & always go WAY over the top for me...the party was decorated so cool and the food was of course yummy!! I was so surprised at all they had done (and kept a secret) to make my party the best party any bride could hope for!!

I got a bunch of great gifts and can't wait to use my new food processor to make a new pesto recipe I found!! Yea!! We got new sheets, cool stuff for the kitchen, some super cool picture frames and bunch of gift cards!! I can't wait to go shopping as Mrs. Buvala!! (holy crap!! I'm gonna be Mrs. Buvala!!) It was fun to be spoiled for a few hours and to be surrounded by my great friends and family!!

Oh yeah...I ALMOST forgot!! My sister's are too cute...they thought it would be funny to help me out with a few other assorted items for the BEDROOM!! I got a few cute things throughout the shower, but they (of course) went outa control...let's just say that I think the shopping for the BEDROOM is complete!!
*******************************************************************************
On Sunday we went out to the Mayo Clinic to visit with my friend Kim. She's home now and being treated or stage 4 colon cancer. She will have 48 hours of chemo every 2 weeks. She had a port installed on the right side of her upper chest, between her breasts and her collar bone. She is so positive and had very few side effects from the chemo during and after her first round. It's been interesting for me to hear and learn about some of the progress that has been made colon cancer. Since my mom died, it seems they have learned a lot. I have SO many questions I want to ask Kim about what doctors said what, but haven't had the courage to hear the answers yet. She is so freakin' strong and amazes me with her spirit and her will to fight this. She is SO adamant about surviving...she reminds me of my mother. LOL...I am excited to see her beat the crap outa this "C" word.
********************************************************************************
Tomorrow we bury another fallen brother in blue. 25 years old with a wife and a 3 month old baby. It hardly seems fair. So much anger...so much emotion...for someone I mourn the loss of and then for someone I wish would pay the price with his life. I've never understood DUI...maybe I never will...when will enough be enough? When will people be held accountable for a crime so costly? When will thin blue line not be broken by careless people with no regard for what this country is supposed to stand for?
*********************************************************************************
I worked day shift today and then came home to get the house cleaned up and more stuff packed/moved so that Mike can work on moving more of his stuff in. We are planning to move Thanksgiving weekend, but we want to have some of the bulk done along the way.
Work has been crazy busy & I can barely keep up!! I am SOOOO excited to have the next 3 weeks off!! I was excited to but an out of office reply on my computer and my phone, lock my desk and say goodbye!! I don't go back to work until November 24th...from now until then my life will change dramatically!! I will marry my best friend, relax in Hawaii for 10 days and then return to Chandler to start our Happily Ever After!!
Holy crap I am so stinkin' excited!!
It's true...what my sister's keep saying...It's Never too Late!! We're living proof that everything happens for a reason...and I couldn't be more thrilled to start this new adventure with my Prince Charming.
1 comment:
That is so exciting for you two, congrats! And that was a killer picture of Carol. What a weirdo.
Post a Comment