Option 1 = a 16 week long on-line course. It started on 08/25 and lasts until it is jacket weather in Phoenix.
Option 2 = an eight week course that starts in the middle of October and lasts until the end of the semester...and it meets in person (which I prefer).
I was forced to take Option 1 because I will NOT be working day shift through December...and Option 2 meets on Tuesday nights. I didn't take this over the summer, because I was told I would be on 2nd shift before the class ended.
That class ended and here I sit...working day shift. (I'm not complaining about that part.)
A friend of mine that was in the class I was supposed to take over the summer (and I could have graduated in December instead of next May) told me that the class only met 2-3 times. The students were given the other class meeting times to complete the research for the 20 page papers due at the end of the 8 weeks.
After procrastinating longer than I should, I got on-line to order the stupid, waste of money textbook I need for the class. I almost cried when the screen said the new book costs $113.00 and there are no used copies.
A friend from my old precinct also went through NAU to get his degree and finished last semester. I thought I'd be smart and see if he had his book still. Even if he wanted 50% of the cost, it would still save me a bundle. When I called him, he told me the most enraging news. He took the 8 week, meet in person Option 2 class. There was NO book needed.
I got back on-line and looked up the Option 2 class and yep...there is NO book needed for this semester either.
Option 1 = $113 useless and obviously unnecessary textbook (that the teacher probably wrote).
and
Option 2 = No textbook for $0 and you only have to meet a few times...not EVERYDAY like the crappy on-line class.
As luck would have it, I of course am forced to take Option 1 or not graduate.
I'm not sure if I want to cry or vomit. I guess I'll sit here and pick between the two...and then order the useless book.
What's $113 plus $25 shipping when I am already pulling $$ out of my rear to pay for a wedding?? Nothing really...Dang I am SO frustrated. Why does doing the right thing (school & marrying the best man alive) cause stress and debt?? Esp when I have NO debt except for school and the crap that goes to making a beautiful wedding so I can marry the man of my dreams!! How hard does ONE person have to work at keeping herself afloat...only to be held under water by some dumb professor (and the fiscal people that don't accidentally reimburse me all the $$ school cost me??
Okay...I'm done complaining. I'm gonna go look at my ring now :)
Yea!! I'm getting married!! :) ...ok...that's better.
1 comment:
Ebay or Amazon for the used book!!! That's what I did all through school. Except when you have some idiot professor who "writes their own book" (i.e. goes to the copy center and prints some pages that he copied from someone else and he can charge whatever he wants for it). Ok rant over. If you couldn't tell, I feel your pain. Seriously, Ebay or Amazon.
Nate
Post a Comment