Thursday, August 14, 2008

Like Red on a Rose

My jalopy broke down the other day. I know it's not shock, but I was on my way to a bank robbery...not just any ol' bank robbery...the bank robbery where we finally caught the "wig bandits". As I was driving w/b on I-10 just as fast as my purple people eater could take me, in what felt like 150 degree heat, the cold a/c went slowly from cold, to cool, to warm, to hot, to hotter.

What was worse than that you ask? Well...let me tell you!! Avondale PD, in all their glory, decided it would be a fabulous idea to conduct their "briefing" outside in the freakin' drive-thru!! I'm going to assume that Avondale PD does not usually conduct any type of briefing on such types of call that detectives are called out on...let alone a very high profile case involving numerous agencies, including the FBI.

Having said that, they were as helpful as possible and very likable. Why they thought making all of us sweat through our clothes for over an hour...I have NO idea. There was an air conditioned bank a few feet away...ya know the one we were there to investigate anyway?!

Anywho...after several hours of my jalopy and me baking in the blazing sun, it was finally time to head back to 620 for the good part - Cooler environment and food. I jumped in the jalopy and crank on the a/c in hopes that it was just tired before...it wasn't. Air hot enough to make your skin bubble came rushing out at me. It was cooler to have the windows down...and that wasn't cool at all!!

I thought since I was only a few miles from Mike's house that I would run over and grab some clean, dry clothes. That was the plan...until some unknown RED light in the dash appeared and wouldn't go away. I decided it was safer to limp my jalopy back downtown...just in case.

Anywho...to get to the point...the jalopy is in the shop, so I had to borrow Rob's city truck today...he was off, so we couldn't carpool. I was too lazy to park in the garage a few blocks away, so I had to feed the meter every couple hours.

When I walked down at lunch time, I got a strange phone call from someone trying to get into 620 to make a delivery to ME!! I laughed and send that coincidentally I was already out front...I walked over to meet him and what did he have??


A dozen beautiful red roses...with the sweetest card I have ever gotten. They are also the BEST smelling roses I have ever had the pleasure of smelling!!

Mike is so sweet and sometimes he's so romantic I just don't know how to respond. I'm not used to all his attention and all the sappy romance he throws at me, but I am really enjoying trying to get used to it!! Thanks Mike!! You're the best!!

1 comment:

Carol said...

LOVE THE FLOWERS!!! THAT'S AWESOME, I WISH I HAD SOMEONE TO SEND ME SOME, OH WAIT I DO HAVE SOMEONE...I WISH HE WOULD SEND ME SOME :)