Thursday, September 06, 2007

Nothing New

This week has been a slow news week I guess...I had today off so Mike & I could get all the minute errands run before he leaves for Alaska tomorrow. Other than that...there really isn't much to report.

I am excited for Mike to finally leave for his long awaited trip, but I have to say...I am bit jealous!! I have always wanted to see Alaska...but I'm sure I'll get there someday :) It will be nice NOT to hear the count down EVERYDAY anymore :) "90 days 'til Alaska....19 days 'til Alaska...1 more day 'til Alaska!" He's been SO excited for SO long...I just can't help but be SO excited for him!!

Tomorrow is my Sergeant's last day on my squad. It totally blows & we are all upset/disappointed about her leaving. It's a great move for her, but we don't care...we just want her to stay. She is quite possibly the best Sergeant the department has...by far the best the precinct has. I would say that my last Sergeant is equal to her...but then I would have to say that about all the Sergeant's I've had so far. I have definitely been blessed thus far in my short 4.5 years as an officer. My new boss should be a good one too...just sucks to lose someone I truly respect & look up to.

Um...well...other than making a few changes to the blog & enjoying a short 4 week break between classes (that's just about over)...my life has been simple. Not too much court...not too much work...my personal life is better than ever...Nick is a great roomie...My parents didn't freeze in Alaska...my butt hasn't gotten any bigger...my chest hasn't gotten any smaller...I saw Kurt, Anna & Marshall...& I get to throw bad people in jail for a living...what could be better?

Life is good!!

No comments: