Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I'll Take Rock Art for $1000

Tuition is getting higher and higher by the semester...it's just about $1000 to take one (1) class at NAU these days!! By the time you pay for the three (3) credit class, book, taxes, technology fees, taxes, etc...the total bill is just under $1000.

I love taking classes that I am interested in...& don't even mind (or at least as much) paying for the classes....if I will be learning something that I can actually use. For example...all the computer classes I have taken...I use that knowledge EVERY day!! I am taking another class right now that is teaching me how to incorporate all the different learning styles into lesson plans...while making the lesson plans more interesting. I can use that knowledge while preparing for my next block of DUI instruction. (YEA!!)

I started a class tonight that I will NEVER use again!! It is the most pointless class I have ever even heard of. Don't get me wrong...if you are studying to be in the Anthropology or Archaeology...this class would be like me taking a class teaching how interrogate people....

Anywho...the point is I am being forced to take Archaeology of Rock Art!! I am paying NAU nearly ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS (of money I don't actually have mind you) to take a pointless class that will NEVER be relevant to anything I will EVER even want to do!!

OMG!! I just realized that that stinkin' class was nearly $1000, but if you add in the 10 hours I had to take of from work to be at the first class...PLUS the time & gas money that the required "field trips" will cost me...HOLY CRAP!!


This is the most expensive class I have ever taken!! And I don't even need for anything more than a degree required diversity credit!! THIS is why I was so resistant to higher education...I want my degree..I want my Master's after that...but why are there required courses that have NOTHING to do with your actual degree??

1 comment:

The Hawk's Prettiest Daughter said...

sounds... fun?. lol jk it sounds like it totally sucks. But at least you know that the sooner you finish the class the sooner you get your degree!