Monday, January 14, 2008

Thinking Outside the Shoe Box

So...if you know me at all...you know I love shoes!! I love all kinds of shoes...no shoe should be discriminated!! Having said that...there are many types of shoes I have been too chicken to attempt to wear. My cousin Kristen had the cutest red shoes on during our family reunion last year...I would never have picked them, but after seeing them...I fell in love!! (I've never found anything even close...but I have been looking at every store that sells shoes since.)
Richelle bought 2 pairs of super cute Sketchers tennis shoes while we were in Denver in October. I was too chicken to buy them, but encouraged her to branch out. She did...& I am still regretting my non-ability to think outside the shoebox. I have been to numerous Sketchers stores, Sketchers Outlet stores, and just about every store that sells Sketchers. There isn't anything even close to the ones I want & Richelle's feet are WAY smaller than mine.

Before Christmas I went up to the outlets at Anthem to buy shoes for Mike's nephew. Richelle and Derek took me to the Etnies store...they sell "skate" shoes & clothes. (Not the "Wheely" shoes...shoes that skaters wear.) I found a pair for Justin (Mike's only nephew) and I also found a pair for his little sister Jenna.

Justin's fit perfect, but Jenna's did not fit. I already replaced hers with a pair that fit, so when I had to exchange the pair from he Etnies store...I had to find a pair for myself. Let me be honest...Since I've been old enough to care, I've never owned tennis shoes that didn't say "Nike" on them. I do have 1 pair of black Sketchers, but they are old & not cool any more...and I've only worn them a handful of times. (I should throw them out?)

Tennis shoes have always meant working out, yard work or cleaning the garage. I see people wearing tennis shoes of all varieties quite a bit, but that has never been me. I always opt for boots or a more girly shoe. In the summer...I always try to opt for flip flops!! I have some of the cutest shoes ever created, but cute tennis shoes?? Not so much...

Sydney & I spent the day together on Saturday running errands. (I finished my last Christmas return!!) I took Sydney with me since I am old & don't know what's "cool" or not-so-cool anymore. I actually found the pair I bought on my own & got Syd's approval. They are SO cute!! (And they even have a skull on them to match Carsen's!!)

I wore them today & I am officially in love!! They are cute and comfy!! They are perfect for running around and being casual with jeans and a cute top!!

2 comments:

Carol said...

i dont actually believe that is your foot. zorry :)

Mrs. Buv said...

Those are cute shoes! I noticed the skull right away! Now I am jealous.

Ri