Anywho...I got a rather unnerving phone call as I was kissing Mike goodbye. It was Richelle & her voice was in the "I'm almost gonna panic" tone. She said she had just arrived at the local urgent care. I of course assumed Derek had finally crashed one too many times & we'd be picking out cast colors by the end of the afternoon.
It wasn't Derek. It wasn't Carsen either. Jake had fallen into a table at Papa Tony's house while they were all there visiting. The corner of Jake's left eye had split open & needed a stitch or 2...or so Richelle thought.
Mike & I rushed to the Urgent Care to rescue #1 & #2 from the torture of boredom while waiting. The four of us walked across the parking lot to the Sonic & got slushies, wannabe blizzards & a sprite with a lime wedge (supposedly a limeade). Since I was spending time with my 3 favorite boys, I'll make believe it was really a limeade.
Well...no stitch was necessary, but the doctor did glue the small cut together. Jake was a trooper & didn't even cry. But for the record...the nurse had already given him a sucker!!
This was Richelle's first injury trip to the Urgent Care, but I'm sure it won't be her last!!
No comments:
Post a Comment