Thursday morning everyone but Buv and I loaded into the “Sunesta” and headed for the Rainbow Bridge. I was pretty bummed not go, but there was only room for 14 passengers and with the two babies, we totaled 16. So, Mike and I agreed to stay behind, since we had already gotten to see the bridge on our last trip. I was bummed, but it was the right thing to do.
Thursday afternoon was more of the tubing, jet skis, and other assorted water-craft activities.
On Friday, all of us sickos woke up, still sick, but realized it was our last day to play. So sick or not, we all put out healthiest foot forward and played, played and played some more until we couldn’t play anymore. Buv thought it would be fun attempt wake boarding…well…he got up!! But when he went down…some sort of issue occurred with one or two of his ribs…on his left side. He didn’t think too much about it until the pain wouldn’t (and hasn’t) gone away. When he tried to lay down on Friday night, he groaned in pain…like I’ve never heard him groan before in nearly three years. He thinks one of his ribs may be cracked…and the Advil he’s taking for the pain – it aint workin’. Of course he’s a trooper…he doesn’t complain and he still helps as much as he can…I only know he hurts because I know him too well for him to hide it from me. (Hahaha!!)
I’ve never seen such worn out kids…or worn out sick adults for that matter. Exhaustion was finally set in and we were all done…plus our small medicine supply had run dry, so we had to think about heading into town asap. First thing on Saturday morning, we (the boys) dug out the anchors and we headed for the marina. This part is the worst part of ANY trip…no details needed. We got everything unloaded off the houseboat, reloaded into the vehicle, all boats and jet skis onto the proper trailers, attached to the proper vehicles and all the kids into the right seats and headed for Phoenix.
As I type this, we had just left Page, AZ headed towards Flagstaff. I can’t wait until we are both signed into the Cigna Urgent Care!! All in all, it was a great trip…with some sickness and injury thrown in the middle. I can’t wait to go back!!
No comments:
Post a Comment