The entire drive home from Page, AZ...through all of the elevation changes...my ears hurt like nothing I have ever felt before. There was SO much pressure...it was nearly unbearable.
Mike drove me straight to the Cigna Urgent Care and I was given four prescriptions for my double ear infections, my sinus infection, my sore throat, my never ending chest congestion, the cough that keeps me awake at night and the other ailments I am suffering from.
I honestly had envisioned a quick fix to my ear/pressure/wishing I was dead issue, but here I sit...18 hours after my urgent care visit...still coughing myself awake...still hacking the nastiest crap out of my lungs...still unable to hear...still wishing I was dead...
The doctor told me that she would give me some antibiotics for my ears...I asked her how she would relieve the pressure for the time being and she smiled...she said there was no immediate way to relieve the pressure. I almost started crying...it feels like someone is stabbing me in the head/ears with an ice pick...and it gets worse if I move...especially if I bend down...or change elevation.
I'm not normally such a cry baby, but WOW...this is awful. I now have a whole new sympathy for babies that suffer from ear infection after infection...they must suffer for days before getting any relief...
My ears started hurting on Tuesday/Wednesday, but didn't do this awful pressure issue until the drive home...
I'd be okay with the pressure and the near deafness if there was at least some pain relief that went along with it...
I'd post a picture or two, but I doubt anyone wants to see what's coming out of my lungs or nose.
No comments:
Post a Comment