I also dropped paper to transfer precincts...Although I despise change, I think it is a good career move. Not sure if I will get it or not, so we'll see. Moving to a training squad is taking longer than I hoped, and I can always test for one of the training squads in my new precinct.

There is a lot of movement within the department right now. I also have in for a transfer to my sister squad....same area and time, but weekends off. That squad has become a 3rd shift training squad, so I would get to train once in a while there too. That might be worth staying at my precinct for...
I am frustrated at work...Well at life in general I guess, but have realized that maybe I need change more than I like to admit. It seems every 18 months or so I get bored with where I am. Although I love my job, it seems at times to get monotonous. And since my partner has been on light duty since June, it's even harder to focus and feel positive.
Even with the low morale I have been trying to get away from...I luckily still find stuff to keep me busy & out recap most of my squad in several categories every month.
If the transfer doesn't go through, at least I will still be moving to a 2nd shift squad with weekends off. 2nd shift hours are not my favorite, but the type of work will be a change and seeing the sun might do me some good.
Last week we had a shooting and the scene lasted well into the morning. By the time detectives arrived, the sun had come up. Not only was it so hot we could have died right there, but my boss said I was so white in
the sun his eyes hurt to look at me..!! I told him my eyes were burning too...from actually having to be awake and working with sunglasses on and sweat dripping into my tired contact filled eyes..!! I think I got home and in bed about 11am.I spent 2 weeks in the sun this summer (3 days in Cabo in May, 6 days @ Lake Powell in June & 4 days in San Diego in July) and am still eye blinding white...I'm told that's a good thing, but where did all my color go..??
No comments:
Post a Comment