Thursday, September 07, 2006

that John Denver is full of crap...


Last month Rob & I went to Denver for a couple-a days...we went for a "break" from life and for baseball..!!

Rob & I love baseball...he's more of a "fan" than I am. He watches just about every D-Backs game and reads up on all the other teams.

I really just like to be at the ballpark. I love the way it smells and the sound of the game is very relaxing to me.

My first summer with DPS we went to several Padres games at the old Qualcom stadium, but haven't been to any at the new Petco Park. We are trying to get to as many ball parks as we can; Wrigley Field and Yankee Stadium are next.

I also like the food...who doesn't enjoy a foot long hotdog? And the people watching is great too.

Denver was an impressive city. I would like to go back and spend more than a day or two there. They have a "mint" there and even a Six Flags..!! The downtown area was very cool. The weather was perfect to sit outside one of the small cafes near the "two-mile" mall in the heart of downtown. They have a light-rail system, much like the one Phoenix is getting.

Overall I'd say Denver isn't a bad place to get stuck...even if Lloyd did trade the "shaggin' wagon" for the "hog"

1 comment:

rymiembeal said...

Damn good blog sis. Call me - Ryan