Friday, March 09, 2007

California Girl

So...since we've established that Ryan is a homo...I guess I can now establish that turning 27 turned out to be quite a trip..!! Rob asked me if he could help me celebrate my birthday the Monday after...of course I agreed (who doesn't want to celebrate their birthday on more than one occasion..??)

Rob picked me up at 7am & told me to dress comfortably. He is good at surprising me, but I had NO idea what he had in store for me this time..!! As we headed to the airport...he handed me tickets for Knotts Berry Farm..!! I had never been...and he got to go every summer growing up...we've talked about going there for ever...so actually going was a GREAT surprise..!!

We flew into the John Wayne airport (Orange County)...rented a convertible...& headed north on the highway...we passed Disneyland (which about made me pee my pants)...and got some breakfast...& wandered into KBF.

It was super cool. Rob said it wasn't anything like he remembered...but since I didn't know the difference...I loved it..!! I told Rob that when you're 49...things seem quite a bit different from when you're 9..!!

We wandered around...got the mandatory Churro and frozen Lemonade...rode the old wooden roller coaster...enjoyed the weather & then decided the beach was a necessary stop before heading home. We drove a few miles to my happy place (any beach) and walked up & down Muscle Beach until we met Rob's dad for dinner. I got some new flip flops (the most comfortable flops EVER) and took lots of pics..!!

On the way home...while enjoying first class...I closed my eyes...smiled...& thought life aint so bad...but a trip to the beach every now & again was much needed..!!

No comments: