Thursday, March 15, 2007

Oh...You Needed a Man...!!??

So there I was...minding my own business...@ 22nd Street & Camelback Road...when my old partner Amy got sent a call & needed back-up. When nobody answered...& it wasn't a call any cop should go on alone...I answered up & headed that direction.

We pulled up at the same time...and made our way to the complainant...(the lady who called)...she told us that when she had left her home earlier in the night...she had shut & locked the door with her two (2) dogs inside...she said a neighbor found the dogs wandering outside with the door wide open after she left.

We didn't see any signs of forced entry...but we needed to search/clear the house before we left...just to make sure nobody was inside...

The lady had two (2) HUGE dogs on very long leads...so I asked her to wait a few hundred feet away for our safety & hers...I asked Amy to ask for an additional unit to respond...clearing a house needs at least three (3) officers...

Since the lady's house was one (1) of several on a huge piece of property....she had met us near the front and escorted us back...When I knew we had two (2) more units on their way to us...I walked over & asked her if she wouldn't mind walking down to where she had met us to escort the other officers back to her home...

She immediately said, "Oh...You needed a man!?" Well...I am not easily offended...but I have never been so insulted..!! I of course wanted to smack her...but had to settle for telling her off...which if course made her ask for my supervisor...who just happens to also have a vagina.....

This dumb lady told me that I need counseling (which I'm not saying isn't true)...but she said that I had been "ribbed" by too many men and that I was acting as if I were only 13... The lady pretty much tried to tell my boss that Amy & I didn't know what we were doing...& that's why we called for more officers..."they were just walking around the outside of the house looking at it..."

I guess it wasn't a possibility that Amy & I knew exactly what we were doing...which is why we called for more officers...she just assumed since we had vagina's that we were incompetent & needed a man to tell us what to do & how to do it...she told my boss that she didn't say it to be insulting...but didn't have an answer when asked what she did mean.....oh yeah...she also tried to say that teaching is a male dominated profession...& that I should have had more compassion for her situation because I am a woman...but instead I yelled & made her even more shaky...blah blah blah

As we all walked away...she said that every profession is male dominated & that we (women) all just do what they (men) say...

p.s. this is a way longer story...I'm just too tired to write more...plus my contacts are out & I left my glasses upstairs...so I can't see what I am even typing...

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Crazy lady. Well, as far as this man is concerned, you got the skills. I can't even load a gun easily!! ;)

rymiembeal said...

It's funny because it's true. You did need a man...and counseling.