Sunday, March 18, 2007

"Will You Marry Me?"

As my people know, Anthony was forced to marry me and never proposed. We had been dating for 5 years and decided it was time buy a house together. In doing that he still never proposed, so I TOLD him that we had to get married. He never asked so I told him that the wedding was going to be March 29 at5:30 pm. I guess he agreed because he showed up. He offered to buy me a ring at that time, but I wanted to use my mother's ring that she had given me when she passed away. I have had to tell everyone that Anthony never asked me and I forced him to marry me. Now as our 10 year anniversary approaches, we decided to celebrate in Lake Tahoe. Last night we went to dinner at Scusa, a very delicious and quaint restaurant. After eating my favorite Alfredo and shrimp pasta, Anthony leaned over and kissed me and told me he loved me. He then proceeded to say the words I have always wanted to hear, "Will you marry me?". I of course said, "no" thinking he was joking and teasing, but then he said it again and pulled the most beautiful diamond ring out of his pocket. I excitedly said, "YES!" and kissed him back. I think it means even more 10 years later. He does love me and he has made our story all that much more exciting!

No comments: