Sunday, March 04, 2007

This Side of 25

We had plans to meet up with some friends at a club in Scottsdale after Michael's party last night...so we could celebrate my birthday...but we didn't leave the party until 10...& I'm sad to say that I just wanted to go home and go to sleep...no club...no going out with my friends...no celebrating my birthday...just a movie at home with some ice cream & then bed...pathetic..!!

As I lay in bed awake most of last night...I thought about my life...& I decided maybe I don't feel 27...maybe I just finally feel the most satisfied I have ever felt. When you're 16, 18, 21, etc...getting older is scary. Now that I am the one getting older...it's a little scary...but life is much better on this side of 25.

On this side of 25...there is no drama about who will get stuck with what kitchen chores...while Ryan gets to go out side & finish playing out the last few minutes of daylight...& there is no pouting about knowing that the dishes will never be done before that stupid street lamp comes on...

On this side of 25...there is no agreeing to do the stupid paper route & then remembering how much I hate that stinkin' paper route...& I'm pretty sure...there was never any money made by me for doing that stupid paper route...

On this side of 25...there is nobody forcing me to wear the ugliest homemade clothes ever..!! (sorry mom) There is no more crying & begging for Guess jeans...or for K-Mart jeans...anything...ANYTHING...but what she made..!! Easter...1990-ish...pink & white cap sleeved top with matching skirt...is anyone remembering the torture..?? I almost died that Sunday...I was 10 years old...with ugly outa control boy hair...payless white shoes that needed to be replaced...& she wanted me to wear what..?? I know I hurt Mom's feelings...& I wore it to church to make her feel better...but damn...that was the longest 3 hours of my life..!!

On this side of 25...there is no getting smacked by Richelle...and now...Chelle & I can both kick Ryan's butt...Remember that awesome fight you two had in the kitchen...rolling around on the white tile...poor Ryan...never had a chance that time...I let me just say..."spin move"...again...never had a chance... :)

On this side of 25...I get to go to work everyday...do my best to either make a difference...or to really piss someone off...I get to go home to my own home...in my own car...listening to my iPod...or talking on my phone...I get to buy my own groceries & make whatever I want to eat...I get to work whatever shift I want...I get to take training whenever I feel like it...I get to finish school...(okay...that should've been on the other side of 25)...I get to shop & buy cute clothes...I'm even going to Chicago in March to attend a highway safety conference...

I guess after laying there most of the night...not being able to breathe because of this stupid head cold...I figured that 27 isn't so bad...I may be getting lines on my face...& I may not get carded at every door anymore...& I may not be lugging around a diaper bag, stroller, & the hope for my boobs & hips to go back to normal...but life is good...maybe old isn't so bad after all...

1 comment:

rymiembeal said...

You're a homo. I did just as many dishes as you. And I did the yard too (and the King's and the Critchfield's, and the widow's in the ward for the better part 14 years). And I can still kick your butt, I just like to take it easy on you two. If I kicked your butt as easily as I could, what would that do to your confidence as a cop? You'd be going Rodney King all over somebody's ace - I'm doing you a favor.