Sunday, July 22, 2007
Gelato Motto
This weekend Randi forced me to try something new. For those who know me, I am usually opposed to such a thing. This time the treachery involved sweets so I succumbed. We went to a new gelato store, "gelato motto", near my house. I sampled many different flavors... all of which were great. I finally decided on lemon and raspberry. I am glad I did because it was delicious! And it has half the fat of ice cream! YUM!!! I encourage all of you to look up your local gelato store and try some. You too will be glad you did. P.S. What does gelato mean? and FYI some of the flavors are listed in Italian so just taste all of them that look good! You won't be disappointed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I've tried gellato at the mall, I didn't really like it...
Gelato, or the plural Gelati, is Italian ice cream made from milk and sugar, combined with other flavorings. The gelato ingredients (after an optional pasteurization) are frozen while stirring to break up ice crystals as they form. Like high end ice cream, gelato generally has less than 35% air - resulting in a dense and extremely flavourful product.
Gelato is the generic Italian for ice cream. The same word is commonly used in English speaking countries to refer to ice cream that is prepared in the Italian way. "Gelato" is an Italian word for "frozen" and comes from the Italian gelare, meaning "to freeze."
Post a Comment