Saturday, July 28, 2007

Phoenix Falling

Yesterday was one of those days you just pray didn't really happen. Ya know...maybe you go to bed & when you wake up...it was just a bad dream?

Nope. It happened. It's over...but it happened.

I wanna know why "bad guys" are SO tough & brave when it's just them & one (1) or maybe two (2) cops...but when SAU arrives...the "bad guy" cowardly gives up. I wanna know what inside of them makes them feel so invincible that shooting a cop in the face is so easy? But then they walk out hands in the air to be taken into custody...

These "bad guys" are cowards. They would rather take some one's life...a cops life...a father's life...a husband's life...a young man's life...than flee, go to jail, punch him, etc. There are a hundred other options than shooting him in the face.

I just don't get it. Rob always says that there is no way to make sense of this stuff, but I wish we could.

I guess the most frustrating part for me...this coward will go to prison (where he should have been already) & be a hero....a cop killing hero. Even with his hands in the air...why can't we end the problem and not pay for his home & his meals for the rest of his life? I think I could explain it to the big guy upstairs if he asked. I think he would understand that cowardly scum is better off just plain not existing anymore.

He was here...he had his chance...he failed the test & it's over. No questions asked. No expense of a trial, no expense of his prison time, no chance of him getting out & hurting anyone else.

Life will go on...& I can't wait to take the next "bad guy" into custody...and I wish I could say that I never have to see another grieving family screaming, "Why him?" Unfortunately, I don't think it'll ever stop...it's only going to get worse.

No comments: