Thursday, July 12, 2007

Life's a Beach (Tuesday)


On Tuesday we went to Sea World ALL day & ALL night...we were there from 11am...until they kicked us out at 11pm. Anthony stayed home with Jake for both of their own sanity. I will say...for the record...This was the best Sea World trip I have ever been on!! Even including when I was little...this was SO much fun!!

We didn't go to all the stupid shows...ya know...the ones that have been the same since I was 7? The Clyde & Seymour show, etc... Anywho...it was nice because nobody was in a hurry or rushing people in & out of the exhibits. We just wandered here and there...letting each person take in their favorite part...Carsen's favorite part was everything!! The Shamu show, the Dolphin feeding, he even touched a bat ray (that took some convincing!). Syd loves the penguins...Billy likes the rides...Richelle thinks that the manatee is a walrus (which prompted a new animal for the animal game at the next family function with Ryan in town)...I like it all...especially the frosted lemonade & watching the kids love life.


The kids were all perfect all day & they all had so much fun!! Carsen was the perfect age to really "get it" & he loves animals SO much!! It was the perfect combination!! His eyes lit up at everything!!

The Shamu show was new...it was of course good, but they didn't have the whales jumping like they used to. I guess they are promoting a new/safer version since the accident last year: large whale vs. small human.

The beginning of the show had some "pump up the audience" music....and Carsen tried as hard as he could to clap to the beat with everyone else...he loves to dance...but he couldn't quite get it. Luckily for him...he was on my lap....Luckily for me...I could actually keep that beat!! Whew!!

Oh yeah...& they did have some freakin amazing fireworks!! Which of course are my favorite part of anything!!

Derek & Billy seemed to be in their own "boy world" all day & had a fabulous time!! They rode the water ride 3 times at the end of the night & when they came walking down the exit ramp...they were SOAKED!! I mean DRIPPING!! There was enough water to ring out their clothes...they were freezing, but laughing!! Luckily the 2 moms were smart enough to being a change of clothes.

As we walked what seemed like 10 miles to the car...Robyn wished we had a pedometer with us...to track our steps & calories burned.

No comments: