Saturday, July 07, 2007

Why would anyone run on a HOT summer day??

In the running shape I am currently in...I dread the days at work that some jackass runs from me. I despise running in uniform anyway & even when I am in great shape...i am no track star!! And on top of that...it's friggin' hotter than crap outside & I weigh at least 25 pounds more than normal at work. Not catching the bad guy & making him sorry he ran from us would not make for a warm and fuzzy feeling.

So when we (me & a new guy I had yesterday) arrived at a hot call of a jack off trying to cash a forged/stolen check with a horribly fake ID...and watched him run out of the bank and across 7th Street...jump in a car & then jump right back out when he saw us...then he ran south towards Camelback. When he saw the we had cut him off with our car...he turned and ran north.

So the only thing left for us to do was...RUN! And run we did...until we caught that freakin' idiot. We ended up booking him on (3) felony warrants, (3) misdemeanor warrants and (6) felony charges of our own including: taking the identity of another, forgery, possession of dangerous drugs (meth), and (3) misconduct with weapons charges.

It was obviously a good catch...I'm just glad we are the one's that caught him...with no perimeter, no k-9 search, no helicopter, etc....just us & our passion for catchin' bad guys. Oh yeah...& the citizen that parked his truck, jumped out and looked like he was gonna kill that guy if he didn't listen to my partner screaming "STOP!"

1 comment:

Carol said...

whoa whoa whoa! what the crap is this all about - carol the non blogger jensen.... take it back or i will make u run on another hot day with an extra 20 pounds strapped to your skinny little body. i have been busy the last 3 weeks ok. sheesh :)